Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Reaching temperature

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reaching temperature

Post  Cascat on 11.02.11 10:13

I've used my halogen quite a bit since I got it and it seems to be working OK.

It is puzzling me though that the light doesn't seem to go off that much which everyone says its supposed to do.

When I did a roast pork joint for example at 220, it took nearly 40 minutes before the light went off, then it started to go on and off every two or three minutes.

If it's less than 30 minutes or on pre-heat the light doesn't go off at all but the meals are definitely cooked (and red-hot in some cases!)

Is this normal?

Cascat

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Reaching temperature

Post  Admin on 11.02.11 11:34

Hi Cascat,

Is your Halogen Oven 650 or 1300 watt?

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Cascat on 11.02.11 11:43

Hi Reeta Surprised

It's a 1300W Deltawave.

Cascat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.02.11 12:11

Cascat wrote:...If it's less than 30 minutes or on pre-heat the light doesn't go off at all . . . Is this normal?

That doesn’t sound right to me. A 1300 watt HO should heat up quickly and the light should go off.
I believe it was the Delta that June bought from Aldi special offer. Let’s see what she has to say about this.
We need your feedback please June Smile

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Cascat on 11.02.11 12:27

Thanks Reeta.

It was from Aldi so I'll wait to see what June says.

I was thinking of putting my oven thermometer in it but I'm not sure if it would work.

Cascat

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 11.02.11 17:00

Hi Cascat I've a 1300 watt flavorwave and my element goes out even on a full preheat (260c) in about 3mins then just flicks in and out to maintain temp, perhaps the thermostat is faulty hopefully June will be of better help Smile

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 11.02.11 18:15

Hi
I've just seen this and am just finishing off a chicken in my HO at the moment. The light seems to be on more often than on my little 7 litre HO but I haven't noticed anything amiss with the Delta.
I'll test the preheat out later and report back.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Cascat on 11.02.11 20:44

Thanks everyone.

It's on a 3-year warranty, so I can always get on to them if there is a problem.

Cascat

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 12.02.11 14:11

Hi Cascat

I've been giving my oven a good workout to see what happens with it so I apologise for the delay in replying.
My oven takes 10 minutes before cutting out on temperatures of 220C and above and about 3 minutes on lower temperatures. It does stay on much more than it cuts out on the higher temperatures too but I would expect that to be normal in maintaining a higher temperature. 40 minutes till cutting out does seem excessive.
If other makes cut out on high temperatures after 3 minutes, I wonder if it could be anything to do with the thickness of the glass Question

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cascat on 13.02.11 9:52

Hi June

Thanks for taking the time to test your oven for me. Smile

I've just done some pork chops - I set it at 210 for 15 minutes and then reset it for 10 minutes. The light went off at just before the 15 minutes was up and then went on-and-off regularly. Yes, the chops were inedible but I wanted to test the oven without having to worry about having to eat the food afterwards. Our dogs got lucky Smile

It seems as if the tiiming is consistent with yours so maybe it's OK. The food is definitely cooked whenever I use the oven.

The glass bowl on mine is quite thick and heavy but I don't know how that compares to others. Maybe it's the size of the food as well - the pork joint was quite a big one, so maybe that absorbs some of the heat too Question

I was just bothered because others had said it only took 3-4 minutes to get to temperature. Anyway, I think I'll just keep my eye on the light timing and if it starts to deteriorate I'll get it sorted under the 3 year warranty.

Thanks again

Christi thank you

Cascat

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.02.11 12:13

You're welcome, Christi

At the end of the day it's the results that matter and I've been very impressed with mine. The 3 year warranty does give peace of mind though. Very Happy

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:01

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum