Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Spanish Omlette

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spanish Omlette

Post  sarahlouise on 07.02.11 17:29

ingediants:
4 large eggs beaten
300g potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1cm peices
1 red pepper finely chopped
1/2 red onion finely chopped
100g feta cheese

Preheat halogen oven to 225c, put an oven proof dish in to heat through with a drizzle of olive oil in.
Add the potatoes to the hot oil and stir to coat. Cook until potatoes are evenly coloured on all sides (stirring occasionaly). Add the pepper and onion with a little more olive oil and stir to coat evenly. Cook for a further 5 mins.
Remove dish from oven and add the beaten eggs.
Give the dish a shake to evenly spread to eggs. do not stir as eggs will scramble.
Put the dish back into the oven and crumble feta cheese (although any cheese would do) over the top along with salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 5mins until golden and set Laughing

sarahlouise

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish Omlette

Post  junie on 07.02.11 19:31

Hi Sarah

thank you for taking the time to share your recipe with us. It's great to receive new recipes.

I'll add this to the recipe A-Z so that it is always easy to find Very Happy

Just as a footnote - I used to go to Spanish classes (not a very successful student) but the teacher was from Barcelona. She was horrified at the idea of anything other than potato and onion going in a Spanish Omelette. I still use her recipe to this day but haven't yet tried it in my HO - I only had a 7 litre HO until recently and couldn't put a big enough dish in for it. Perhaps with the feta she would have called this a Greek Omelette
lol!

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 07.02.11 21:57

Spanish Omelette Question

Greek Omelette Question

confused

Idea thank you for this yummy "Halogen Omelette" recipe sarahlouise

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Stokkers on 13.02.11 13:27

sarahlouise wrote:ingediants:
4 large eggs beaten
300g potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1cm peices
1 red pepper finely chopped
1/2 red onion finely chopped
100g feta cheese

Preheat halogen oven to 225c, put an oven proof dish in to heat through with a drizzle of olive oil in.
Add the potatoes to the hot oil and stir to coat. Cook until potatoes are evenly coloured on all sides (stirring occasionaly). Add the pepper and onion with a little more olive oil and stir to coat evenly. Cook for a further 5 mins.
Remove dish from oven and add the beaten eggs.
Give the dish a shake to evenly spread to eggs. do not stir as eggs will scramble.
Put the dish back into the oven and crumble feta cheese (although any cheese would do) over the top along with salt and pepper to taste and cook for a further 5mins until golden and set Laughing

I tried this recipe last night for my evening meal. I was quite pleased with my attempt and enjoyed it, except for one thing - there was a lot of fluid underneath as I removed the omelette from the dish, as if it wasn't cooked enough.

Any suggestions? I have never had this when cooking on the hob and grill.

Ken

Stokkers

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.02.11 15:20

Hi Ken

I guess this is because it is only being cooked from a heat source above the dish. I have found this happens when making the crustless quiche dish. I have minimised this by covering for part of the cooking time and cooking for a bit longer.

When I make Spanish omelettes on my hob, I always turn them using a plate or they get finished off under the grill. I have yet to make one in my HO but I would try turning it to brown on top and bottom.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum