terrybg wrote:Yes, I need help. The frozen 7 lb turkey breast still sits in my fridge. i will need to cook it soon but don't know for how long and at what temperature farenheit. Tx
I found this recipe on the internet. You will have to do the adjustment for your 7 lb turkey
Traditional roast turkey in the halogen oven
125g butter softened
1 pack sliced pancetta/streaky bacon
200ml white wine
1 onion peeled and halved
1 lemon zested then halved
1 orange zested then halved
small bunch of rosemary
small bunch of thyme
Cooking time - 12-14 mins per lb
1. Remove the giblets from inside the turkey.
2. Chop half the rosemary and thyme leaves finely and add to the softened butter along with the orange and lemon zest.
3. Spread butter all over the turkey, season very well then lay the slices of pancetta or bacon over the turkey.
4. Push the remaining herbs, orange and lemon halves and half of the onion into the turkey cavity.
5. Place some roughly chopped veg such as onions or carrots in a large roasting tin (making sure it fits in your oven) for the turkey to sit on.
6. Pour the white wine and water around the turkey.
7. Cover and seal the roasting tin with foil.
8. Cook for the calculated time, in this case 1 hour 17 minutes.
9. Removing the foil for the last 10 mins to allow the skin to crisp up.
10. The turkey can now be left covered in a warm place to rest for between 30-45 mins.
This recipe doesn't mention this but you have to place the turkey, breast side down to begin cooking and half way through turn the bird over and cook the other side
Cooking temperature at 400F
Cooking time - 12-14 mins per lb fresh, not frozen turkey
- Gender : Posts : 2451
THANK YOU : 506
Join date : 2009-09-18
Location : England