Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Potato Croquettes Need Advice Please!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potato Croquettes Need Advice Please!!

Post  grannybarb on 04.02.11 14:40

Hi
I am new to Halogen oven cooking, I have only used the cooker once before so I would be grateful for some advice.

Tonight I am following a recipe for Pork in Orange Sauce which (after the initial browning) needs to be cooked in an oven proof dish on the low rack at 180c for 35 minutes. I have some Aunt Bessies frozen Croquette Potatoes which I would like to serve with the pork.

I am wondering if it would be ok to cook the croquettes on the high rack at the same time as the pork is cooking on the low rack.

Aunt Bessies cooking instruction for the croquettes in a conventional oven is 230c for 25 minutes, ... so I am wondering if it will work at 180 for 35 minutes on the high rack in the Halogen Oven.

Could somebody help me please!
Regards Barb

Last edited by grannybarb on 04.02.11 16:48; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

grannybarb

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Potato Croquettes Need Advice Please!!

Post  junie on 04.02.11 16:52

Hi Grannybarb

Things on the bottom don't seem to cook through as well as on the high rack - I guess it's down to the air circulation. Using the high rack at the same time can slow it down further.

I would try either starting your pork off on the top rack for an extra 5-10 minutes then put it in the bottom with the croquettes on the top. I'm sure the croquettes would cook ok as you suggest at 180C for 30 - 35 mins.
The alternative would be to swap the dishes over part way through cooking.
Just check that the pork is thouroughly cooked before serving.

I hope this helps.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  grannybarb on 04.02.11 17:16

Hi June
Thanks for your help...I will do as you suggest. I will let you know how it all turns out.
Regards
Barbara.

grannybarb

Back to top Go down

Post  grannybarb on 05.02.11 16:05

Hi June
Just a quick note to let you know that the pork recipe cooked with the croquettes worked ... I used the round roasting dish as a lid for the pork and a dish for the croqeuttes ... however the next time I do this recipe I think I will cook the pork on it's own because the orange sauce took longer than it should of to thicken so the pork was very slightly overdone. the croquettes were fine though.

It's a lovely recipe though ... it's in the "Halogen Cooking Made Easy" book by Paul Brodel ... Pork in Orange and Marmalade Sauce p67. It's a very good book ... lots of nice recipes ... Amazon is the best price!

Thanks again for your help, I think this forum is great.
Barb
Chef

grannybarb

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 05.02.11 16:27

Hi Barb

urwelcome

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. The pork sounds very tasty. free-happy-smileys-9

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum