Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hello All from New York City

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello All from New York City

Post  rdbiker1 on 01.02.11 21:42

Bought myself a Nu Wave oven (came with extender ring) and used it several times already and learning to adjust cooking times and positioning of food. Tried, so far, New York strip steak (frozen) with tater tots, whole chicken, chicken wings (top level of two level system cooked faster, obviously because closer to heat source) and will use the "reheat" function when I get home from work today for the whole chicken I made on Sunday. Will try country style ribs soon and probably some salmon with asparagus. It's amazing how most of the halogen/infrared/convection books are from England. Seems like we're a step behind you guys considering all the cooking shows on the TV (Tele) these days.

rdbiker1

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello All from New York City

Post  Admin on 01.02.11 22:07

It appears that we have a Gourmet from New York cool

Welcome to the forum rdbiker1

That is so true about the Halogen Oven cookbooks. I guess it all depends on the popularity of these small cookers in the US.

Anyway we have plenty of recipes to share on this forum

Glad you've joined us

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  grannieannie on 01.02.11 22:34

Welcome from another newbie to HO's RDBiker! I thought Americans only liked very BIG ovens? lol Very Happy

grannieannie

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  rdbiker1 on 02.02.11 0:49

grannieannie wrote:Welcome from another newbie to HO's RDBiker! I thought Americans only liked very BIG ovens? lol Very Happy

Oh you guys are funny! I'll have you know that I prefer tabletop cookware. My favorite toy so far is my electric pressure cooker. I make chili, among other dishes, of course, and my specialty, chicken cacciatore, which takes 12 minutes, used to take 8 minutes but my old pressure cooker died and my new one doesn't reach the same high pressure as the old one, 15 psi compared to 12 psi (pounds per square inch).

rdbiker1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 02.02.11 11:02

Welcome rdbiker1

Welcome

Glad you like your HO, personally I'm terrified of pressure cookers. afraid

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  grannieannie on 02.02.11 15:56

In a bid to save electricity, I bought a pressure coker as well as the HO. I had one years ago and loved it, it cooks so quickly! The only thing with this new one is that steam escapes all the time. the manual said it is at correct pressure when the little thingy on the lid turns round at a steady pace, but it turns round by escaping steam! I don't remember my old one doing that all the time!!

But I am not complaining as I can cook a beef stew in half an hour! lol

The reason I mentioned the BIG oven RDB is that I've worked with a lot of Americans over the years, and they always go on about how BIG everything is in the States, and now we have an American living not far from us who always buys his thanksgiving turkey from us and the occasional chicken. When I said about taking a couple of chickens at a time to save him the petrol, he said oh I would, but your freezers over here are so SMALL!!!! lol

grannieannie

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  rdbiker1 on 02.02.11 20:12

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

grannieannie wrote:The reason I mentioned the BIG oven RDB is that I've worked with a lot of Americans over the years, and they always go on about how BIG everything is in the States, and now we have an American living not far from us who always buys his thanksgiving turkey from us and the occasional chicken. When I said about taking a couple of chickens at a time to save him the petrol, he said oh I would, but your freezers over here are so SMALL!!!! lol

That is funny Very Happy

rdbiker1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum