Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

chicken kiev

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chicken kiev

Post  brocklesby on 11.12.09 14:06

Do you cook frozen chicken kiev as in a conventional oven. I generally make my own. My wife bought 2 from M&S so I have to experiment
eric

brocklesby

THANK YOU : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken kiev

Post  Admin on 11.12.09 16:47

Yes I do Eric. My boys like the small round one from Bernard. M.
I cook them on a low heat for longer, not as the instruction says on the packet otherwise it is not piping hot inside. I use a tray or sometimes just a piece of aluminium foil placed on the rack. I found it’s best to cook on the low rack otherwise the sauce from inside the kievs ooze out (hope this is the correct way to explain) before the are thoroughly cooked and you end up with very dry kievs

feedme

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

chicken kiev

Post  brocklesby on 11.12.09 19:23

Thanks reeta,
I am cooking them at the moment, i am doing them on the high rack with my veg on the low rack wrapped in tinfoil with a couple tablespoons of water to give the steaming effect I have it on 200c and watching them very carefully, I may have to take them out before the veg is done, nothing worse than dried chicken.
eric

brocklesby

Back to top Go down

chicken kiev

Post  brocklesby on 11.12.09 19:39

Hi reeta
just checked the kiev and in the five minutes sending you aessage they were cooked through and a little brown on the top and bottom, and that was in 20 minutes. As you say, use a lower temperature.
Being a chef and using a conventional oven in what I do things are experimental. veg was no where nearly done so kievs have to go in the warmer for now
thanks for your tips though
eric

brocklesby

Back to top Go down

chicken kiev

Post  brocklesby on 12.12.09 9:42

Reeta,
Following your advice on cooking frozen chicken kiev.
I made the error of cooking it too long. I followed the instructions on the box which said cook for 45 minutes at 200c, this was way too long, 20 minutes would have been enough and at a lower temperature.
I cooked green beans, carrots, and potatoes at the same time, These i put in tinfoil with 3 tbl spoons of water. The problem is that they take much longer than the chicken so I think it is advisable to cook for 25 to 30 minutes before cooking the chicken.
I am new to these ovens, do you think it is a good idea to cook veg in the tinfoil.
My only gripe is that these companies sell the products but do not include a cook book of any kind, they want your pennies extra for books.
Some people have found sites in America giving free recipes for download but they do not put the web site in their comments, it is a pity. I am trawling the web every day for recipes if I find any I will post on the site.
Eric

brocklesby

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 13.12.09 13:37

brocklesby wrote:
do you think it is a good idea to cook veg in the tinfoil.
Some people have found sites in America giving free recipes for download but they do not put the web site in their comments, it is a pity. I am trawling the web every day for recipes if I find any I will post on the site.
Eric

I don't cook veg in tin foil so I can't really advise on this. The best thing to do is to try both ways and see which is better I did find out that hard, raw vegetables such as potatoes and carrots can take as long as the meat. Green, yellow and red vegetables cook faster than meat or potatoes and carrots.

I have spent hours looking for halogen recipes on sites and forums without any success. Me too. I wil post whatever I find, if I find any free-happy-smileys-9 Eric

Reeta

Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brocklesby on 13.12.09 18:05

Hi reeta,
I cooked my veg in tinfoil Reeta, they came out perfect with using 2 to 3 tbl spoons of water.
I am doing roast chicken tonight so we will see how we go.
eric

brocklesby

Back to top Go down

Chicken Kiev

Post  bellio on 18.02.13 19:33

brocklesby wrote:Do you cook frozen chicken kiev as in a conventional oven. I generally make my own. My wife bought 2 from M&S so I have to experiment
eric

Tonight I have cooked the perfect frozen Chicken Kiev.

Pre-heat the HO to 180degC.
Place the frozen Kiev on the baking tray and using the high shelf and extention ring cook for 20 minutes.
Remove extention ring and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Turn Kiev over and cook for 5 more minutes.

I cooked 2 Kievs in the Andrew James 12 ltr and they were perfect.
You may have to add or take off a couple of minutes in other models.

bellio

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 19.02.13 15:52

Thank you for taking the time to share

thank you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down