Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Everyone!

Post  grannieannie on 30.01.11 23:41

I've been a member for a couple of weeks now, but only been reading so far.

I am new to halogen oven cooking, so won't be giving you my favourite recipes yet, but have picked up a few tips from you more experienced people already. thank you!

My little oven is getting used quite a bit at the moment as hubby is revamping the kitchen and I have no ordinary oven or hob at the moment, just the HO and microwave. Still, have cooked my Sunday roast chicken in it today and curry yesterday. I thought I've be clever and do the curry as a biriani, so rice went in too, but it had trouble cooking, so finished it off in the mocrowave! Also done beef and steak in there as we buy our beef from a friend down the road. It does a lovely steak! yum

fish in butter and black pepper with roast potatoes, a nice stew and one day a whole turkey breast. We grow our own meat chickens and turkeys, so all fresh food here!

I look forward to reading more wonderful recipes to try out, but there are so many on here!! Ann

grannieannie

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post  junie on 31.01.11 0:27

Hi Ann and welcome

Welcome

You've been doing a lot more than reading - great start- you are a halogenious Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  clasiechick1 on 31.01.11 0:45

Hi Grannieannie and

I got my HO in November 2010, I then found this site whilst looking for recipes and cooking guides, I also spent a lot of time reading and learning from other members, until I got the courage to have a go myself.

I have found that it is trial and effort, converting my favourite recipes, but I do think that it will be worth it! especially with the cost of gas and electric going up! as the HO is far more economical to cook with.

Plus Meat and Chicken cook beautifully! and now I have mastered, cakes and pastry! I do feel a lot more confident!

I would love to know how you cooked your stew though, as I have tried that! but unfortunately, I had to end up finishing it on the stove!

Best Wishes clasiechick1

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  grannieannie on 31.01.11 9:11

Hi Junie and Clasie, thank you for the welcome! Actually I have done 2 stews in the HO. The first one I put straight in the bowl and it took for ever! But last week whilst browsing through the Q&A's on here. Someone asked if you put the stew straight into the bowl or in a casserole dish.
Mmmmm, so tried a pyrex dish as my casserole dishes are too big with their handles. The pyrex doesn't have handles. and it took about an hour, maybe a little more, but would have take a lot longer in an ordinary oven

Oh and I did do a steak and kidney pie the other week too! I love the way everything browns just like an ordinary oven too, unlike cooking in a microwave, and of course you can've cover things with a bit of foil in a microwave like you can in the HO.

grannieannie

Back to top Go down

Post  clasiechick1 on 01.02.11 15:17

Hi Grannieannie!

Thanks for the reply! I will try doing my stew or casserole in a pyrex dish next time! did you put it on the top rack and use the extension ring? also what setting did you use?

I await your reply in anticipation!

Thanks again clasiechick1

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  grannieannie on 01.02.11 21:10

Hi Clasie, no I put it on the bottom rack which still gives it about an inch underneath for the air to circulate. I didn't cover it up at first, but after a while I was worried in case the liquid evaporated, so I covered the dish with the 'frying pan' I got in the accessory set.

I think I put in on quite high as I don't think the HO's get quite as high as my fan oven, but that could just be my inexperience in using it. So I probably had it on about 225C.

Also what I've started to do is to cook things a bit earlier than I need them, then if they take a bit more cooking, I've got time, but if they cook too early, I can just put them back on to warm them up a bit more.

my OH likes his dinner at 6pm, he moans if its too late!!

I haven't got an ordinary cooker at the moment as OH is re-vamping the kitchen, so I did homemade beef burgers from some of the Dexter beef we bought last year from a local man, and chips. cooked the chips first, on the low rack, then put the burgers on the high rack, keeping the chips warm on the bottom. I love HO chips. Okay they take longer to cook, but much less fattening than ordinary chips!

grannieannie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum