Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Balti Dishes in the HO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balti Dishes in the HO

Post  silken on 30.01.11 20:18

Hi All
Just to let you know that I have been experimenting with dishes for using in the HO... I found that food cooked in my earthenware dishes took so long that I might as well have used my slow cooker instead.

I picked up a couple of balti dishes from amazon for just under £5 for a pair of stainless steel ones and they worked a treat. The first meal I tried was shepherd's pie. And, from cold, it heated up brilliantly at 180c for 15 mins.

I also found that, as they have a ring round the top of the dish, it was easy to pick the dish up with the tongs. Therefore, I am planning to use it to cook casseroles in the oven (I'll just use tinfoil or a pot lid to cover while cooking.)

Note, that I can only put one in as they are quite big and I wouldn't use them for children as the handles obviously heat up... The reason I used the balti dishes instead of foil containers is that you can eat directly from them.

Definitely ideal for cooking for one or 2 people.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited by silken on 30.01.11 20:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I posted this on the wrong section, but I don't know how to move it.)

silken

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Balti Dishes in the HO

Post  Reeta on 30.01.11 21:03

Thank you for taking the time to share your "discovery" with us Silken.

£5 for a pair of stainless steel balti dishes is a very good deal. I paid £8.00 for one at a shop in Green Street, East Ham. That's where we buy our spices Smile

I have moved your post to this section(Tips and Advice)

thank you for this helpful tip
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum