Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Roast Duck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roast Duck

Post  taffybird1 on 29.01.11 16:02

Hi can anyone tell me the oven temp and timings for roasting a duck - going to be a bit more adventorous than a chicken!! Question thank you

taffybird1

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Roast Duck

Post  toots on 29.01.11 19:11

Hi taffy bird,

The best advice I can give you is to use your halogen oven as you would your normal oven, but temperatures work better if used as you would a fan assisted oven, so if temperature says 200c do it at 180, I use the lower rack and extender so it's not so close to the heat source , I also use a meat thermometer which gives a safer outcome, If cooking too quickly either lower temp or put in foil, it's all trial and error as all halogens seem to work differently mine is a 12 litre but a 7 litre might take longer or need higher temp
toots

THANK YOU : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  taffybird1 on 29.01.11 21:50

Hi Toots
Thanks for that - I will give it a go thank you

taffybird1

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  georgiegirl on 16.03.13 12:01

toots wrote:Hi taffy bird,thanks will give it a try

The best advice I can give you is to use your halogen oven as you would your normal oven, but temperatures work better if used as you would a fan assisted oven, so if temperature says 200c do it at 180, I use the lower rack and extender so it's not so close to the heat source , I also use a meat thermometer which gives a safer outcome, If cooking too quickly either lower temp or put in foil, it's all trial and error as all halogens seem to work differently mine is a 12 litre but a 7 litre might take longer or need higher temp

georgiegirl

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  georgiegirl on 16.03.13 12:02

thanks will give it a try

georgiegirl

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum