Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Fat Free Cream! Ideal For Dieting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fat Free Cream! Ideal For Dieting!

Post  clasiechick1 on 28.01.11 0:00

As an ex weight watcher and a slimming world dieter!

I spent many a time trying to invent recipes for alternative ways to make things that I enjoyed to eat, but would be less fattening! One of the ideas that I came up with was to make an alternative cream.

Ingredients:

Lg Tub of Fromage Frais
2 - 3 Tablespoons Low Sugar (Candrel etc)
2 - 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence, or flavour of chose,
i.e. Strawberry, Orange etc.

I would then empty the tub of fromage frais into a dish, stir in the sugar, and add flavoured essence of chose, a teaspoon full at a time, stirring well into the fomage frais to make sure it was well combined, and it had reached the required sweetness or taste to my liking. I would then cover and leave to stand in the fridge until needed.

I would then use this to dress low fat trifles, or in the case of the fatless cake, it could be used as a filling, just before serving, and as long as the cake was to be consumed the same day!

You could even slice fruit, ie strawberries etc. place these on the top of the cream between the layers of the cake, then you could put more cream on the top of the cake, dress with more layers of strawberries etc. so as to create a gateau.

As the slimming clubs are alway's changing the point system or the sins, you would have to check out which ever! for the Fromage Frais, the Low Sugar, and the essence, but when I attended these ingredients were either free, or very low in Points.

Hope this idea is helpful for you!

clasiechick1

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Fat Free Cream! Ideal For Dieting!

Post  junie on 28.01.11 13:03

Thanks Clasiechick1

Assuming a 100g tub of fromage frais, there would only be 3 Weight watchers propoints in your recipe. Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  clasiechick1 on 28.01.11 14:56

June! I appreciate you adding up the points for the recipe, as I no-longer have the books! but I have a husband who is trying to lose weight! so I am having to try and remember my old recipes! and try and invent some NEW ONES! (laugh) so if I do manage any New Ones, I would be very grateful for your input on the points etc.

Again! clasiechick1

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum