Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Newbie Here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Newbie

Post  andycamb on 21.01.11 19:40

Hi all.
Took delivery of my Andrew James 12l halogen oven today. have read through the manuals and cookbooks that came with it. There were few discrepancies in there. My boil an egg experiment didn't go too well as, there was no info on what temperature or grill level to set it at..I did boil it but it came out hard boiled instead of soft.. No Am hoping to find some tips on here as regards basic cooking... And has anyone any idea on how long these ovens last? Also the timer doesn't seem that accurate, it has those two lines past the end of the off mark, where it still appears to be cooking. I don't know why they didn't make it go off at the off mark and what's the best way to clean the lid of the oven should it get fat on it from cooking bacon etc?. Anyway all these things and more is what I am trying to discover here... I think the fact that I have come here to learn how to boil an egg, should give everyone an idea of the general level of my cooking skills..
lol!
Andy

Last edited by andycamb on 21.01.11 20:10; edited 1 time in total

andycamb

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Here

Post  toots on 21.01.11 20:08

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum, I have the Andrew James oven and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, I found the best way to soft boiled eggs in my one was to put eggs that are at room temp, onto low rack and cook at 200c for 6 mins. Not sure how long these ovens last as different things said about all halogens, as for lid cleaning I wipe first with kitchen roll then set machine to wash then when cooled I wipe it round again I do this every time I use it so that way it's easy to keep clean, if you are worried about bacon fat spitting up then you could use the extender bit if you have one, hope this helps you.

toots

THANK YOU : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  andycamb on 21.01.11 20:18

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I am still browsing the forum to see what I can learn. Thank you very much for taking the time to create this. I shall go and have an experiment. As captain Scott of the Antarctic said..I could be gone for some time Very Happy

andycamb

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 21.01.11 21:15

Hi and welcome Andycamb

Welcome

This way of cooking is a new one for all of us. We're happy to help when we can so don't stay away too long Laughing

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Newbie Here

Post  Admin on 21.01.11 22:05

andycamb wrote:. . .As captain Scott of the Antarctic said..I could be gone for some time Very Happy

Hi Andy

Are you going to the South pole too? Do take your Halogen Oven with you, at least to grill a few fishes. Very Happy

Don't forget Captain Scott died of starvation in the south pole. (Sad indeed)

welcome to the forum Andy

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum