Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Pizza and fairy cakes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pizza and fairy cakes

Post  murphyjenkins on 06.12.09 16:24

any tips on reheating pizza. i have followed instructions but my pizzas are usually undercooked on base and overcooked on top. i tried lowering temperature but it didn't work. tried baking fairy cakes but same problem - cooked on top but not on bottom

any help appreciated :heart:

murphyjenkins

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

fairy cakes

Post  LINIAN on 07.12.09 11:49

My favourite recipe is for 6 chocolate muffin type cakes. Just normal 4x4x4 cake mix with 2 eggs and little milk. I put muffin cases into ramekins on bottom of oven and cook for 20-25 mins on 160. Never fail and they are beautiful.

LINIAN

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Pizza and fairy cakes

Post  Admin on 07.12.09 20:48

do you mean reheating a cooked pizza?

For uncooked pizza it is best on low temperature because the oven heats more intensely from the top than from the bottom. Cook it in the lower part of the oven

Smile

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  murphyjenkins on 12.12.09 21:00

thanks for the tips - I'll try them and see how I get on. I haven't tried pizza from scratch yet, just about manage in the ordinary oven!
:P

murphyjenkins

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re reheating pizza

Post  Malt on 29.10.10 16:56

Hi,

I have tried to lower the temperature cover with foil and heat on the high rack. removing foil 3 parts the way through,(Examine the base to decide), seems to work ok as heat for oven rises and cooks the base.I know this is not much help but it is all amatter of trial and error.

Alan

Malt

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 29.10.10 17:18

Hi Malt,

thank you

It IS helpful, thanks for taking the time to share your tip.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  susan309 on 29.11.10 19:17

Well once again ive tried the fairy cakes - made two lots and put one in halogen and the other in my gas oven - set halogen to 160 and put the cakes on the bottom of oven after 12 mins they looked cooked on the top but i knew they werent underneath so i put foil on top - well i should say i tried to put foil on it kept blowing up to the fan even though i had scrunched it around the edges so i thought - after two attempts i gave up removed them and put them in gas oven to finish off.

Going to try scones tomorrow i think - watch this space
Interesting though the ones in the halogen were sort of flat on the top and the ones in the gas oven were more risen but sort of spli on top - gas ones looked far better - i think i need to keep practicing - only did this today as im stuck in with the snow being a foot thick lol living in the north east weve had some snow Very Happy

susan309

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 29.11.10 20:14

Hi Susan309

Good Luck with the scones tomorrow.

I haven't tried to do either yet. I don't get a lot of time to bake and my weakness is for savouries. My HO book on baking has fairy cakes done at 200C for 12-18 minutes on the low rack and using the extender ring. For scones it has 210C for 10-15 minutes again on the low rack using the extender. The author always preheats the oven. I hope this is helpful.

We've only had a small covering of snow but it has frozen hard - not so easy to persuade the car to go up the driveway today - main roads are clear though. Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  susan309 on 30.11.10 13:41

Thanks June i will try the scones maybe this afternoon as again im stuck in with the snow - tried to go out this morning but its so deep and so impacted with ice - not worth it and i certainly wont drive.

susan309

Back to top Go down

Post  poga on 02.12.10 17:20

Re the foil be blown up to the fan. I did some sausages in the HO and they were getting burnt. I used a foil dish which covered the sausages and placed an old spoon across the top of the foil dish. Just don't remove the spoon with your fingers!!!! It worked for me.

poga

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:22

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum