Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

A Desperate Disappointed Halogeniuse who needs HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Desperate Disappointed Halogeniuse who needs HELP!

Post  clasiechick1 on 16.01.11 3:23

Hi! I am new at this Halogen cooking and I am struggling! I tried to cook a apple pie, which I was baking from scratch ( as I bake all the time, in my conventional oven) but after following the instructions in my guide book, I discovered that the top of the pie was cooked, but the bottom pastry was still uncooked! why if it is supposed to distribute heat evenly is this! also the guide book does not tell you to turn your chicken or your meat over! yet I find that if you dont it does not cook properly! my Halogen is a 1300 wattage. please advice! Sad

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: A Desperate Disappointed Halogeniuse who needs HELP!

Post  junie on 16.01.11 14:15

Hi

None of the guide books are up to much which is why this forum exists. Baking can be a particular bug-bear. The manufacturers claims for cooking times are somewhat over-ambitious.
When baking, always preheat the oven and try a lower temperature for a little longer. If you have an extender ring use the top rack with the ring on for better air circulation. With the heat source in the top, it can be necessary to cover the top of your food with foil to stop it getting overcooked before the base is cooked.
Roasts do require to be turned for even cooking but they do taste great and always turn out really moist.
Ovens do vary so what works for one may not work for another - don't give up - the results are worth the effort.
Chef

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Thank You For Your Help.

Post  clasiechick1 on 16.01.11 16:27

Hi June! Thank you for taking the time to answer my plea! it is much appreciated, I will take on board the advice you have given me, and give it a go! I must say though, that I am a person who does not like to be beaten, so I will persevere, then hopefully, I too will be able to contribute some help to other Halogeniuses, thank you again Elaine ( clasiechick1 ) Very Happy [b]

clasiechick1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.01.11 16:53

you\'re welcome

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryMer on 22.05.11 15:38

I have a suggestion out from experience: use silicone molds. Since I starting using them, I have had no more issues with "golden tops, raw bottoms"... There is also a golden rule: better two cakes(or anything) in two small moulds, than one in a big one. Better to bake five muffins than one big sponge cake! Anyway, big containers can also be used of course, only perhaps more adjustements are needed.

MaryMer

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  clasiechick1 on 30.06.11 23:14

Hi Mary! Just saw your suggestion, thank you for your idea will give this a try! thanks again, clasiechick1

clasiechick1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum