Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Aldi Special Offer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aldi Special Offer

Post  junie on 14.01.11 15:22

For those of you still considering the purchase of a HO -

From Sunday 16th January 2011 Aldi will be offering a 12 litre, 1300w model for £29.99 while stocks last.
It comes with racks, tongs, extender ring AND a free three year warranty.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Re: Aldi Special Offer

Post  mame on 14.01.11 15:39

Oh June ! I wish I'd have waited for this.. I bought mine from Argos. 12 litre, at 34.99 plus £7 postage ! total £42.90 ....not fair.. grr!

mame

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 14.01.11 16:05

thank you June think I may go and get one as a stand by what make is it?

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 14.01.11 17:12

Hi

It's on the Aldi web page but doesn't give a brand (they actually call it a convection oven). I have a 7 litre model which gets used in the house and caravan - I think I'll treat myself to the larger model too.
At that price and with a three year warranty, it would be daft not to. Very Happy

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17220.htm

Last edited by junie on 14.01.11 17:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.01.11 13:36

Hi everyone

Have just unpacked my Aldi bargain and am well impressed.
It actually comes with all the following included -
Tongs
2 Racks
Extender ring
Frying Pan / Baking sheet
Steamer Tray
4 Skewers
Lid Stand
Free 3 year warranty, helpline and web support.
It also has a metal base that the galss bowl sits on to help distribute the heat.

The box calls it 'Delta' and the web support is from www.gilesandposner.com

My local Aldi only appeared to have 12 of these ovens and, when we left the store an hour after opening, 4 were already gone.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  lozzy on 20.01.11 15:24

I managed to buy this. Went to one store and completely sold out so drove to another. As I walked in the door and headed towards the empty bay, an assistant walked out of the store room with one in his arms and literally put it in the bay as I got to it. I grabbed it. Lol! He said it had been put by but without a name so I got it.

Got it home and very impressed. Comes with a lid stand as well as 2 racks and 2 trays (steamer and baking tray) and tongs.

For those saying it's not halogen, it uses a halogen convector and says this in the instructions.

The instructions are pretty basic but the thing itself is great so far.

Have used it twice.

1) Put Birdseye chicken dippers on the baking tray in the bottom of the oven and followed the instructions for a fan oven. This was correct as they came out tasting fine - very moist and slightly more greasy than when cooked in the oven.

2) Aimed for a toasted cheese sandwich. This time on the baking tray but up on the high rack. At 200degs - 5 mins this was fine too. The top browned, the contents melted and the bottom was surprisingly crunchy (toasty) too.

Am happy so far. Looks exactly like the Coopers of Stortford version to me but this is my first HO. Have mainly bought it for cakes and baking.

lozzy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lozzy on 20.01.11 15:26

I didn't get any skewers though Sad

lozzy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cascat on 21.01.11 12:25

Yes, this is the one I bought, although it was €39.99 here (about £34) It is a Delta and does say Halogen Oven on it.

I thought that if it didn't work for me, at least I hadn't spent a huge amount on it, and I can always "upgrade" if I like it.

So far I am really impressed and my microwave and fan oven are sulking!

Cascat

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Eirian on 21.01.11 15:29

I travelled 64 miles return journey to my nearest Aldi at Porthmadog Gwynedd yesterday on the off chance that they had some left....glad I did they had 3 left.
I bought this as a second HO due to the 3 year guarantee.
I have bought Delta products before,they were good in replacing one item that failed.
I also had the 4 skewers in mine.

Eirian

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  cherrie-dawn on 22.01.11 11:04

This is the one I got from Aldi £29.99, all the accessories mentioned above were included, seems good value, not used it yet but have unpacked and cleaned it ready Very Happy

cherrie-dawn

Back to top Go down

Post  fivecooks on 28.01.11 8:53

Hi there!

Just joined this forum, having bought one of the Aldi aforementioned ovens and never having had a HO before. Saw them recommended on a motorhome forum and thought it would be worth trying for when we are on our travels and on electric hook up, to save our gas.. We have an oven in our motorhome, but it is very small and there are 5 of us! I am hoping to cook the main part of a meal (meat or casserole, curry, chilli etc) in the oven and most likely do the veggies or rice etc. separate, as I don't expect we will be able to fit the entire meal for 5 of us in the oven at once.

Haven't even unpacked the box yet, but thought it worth mentioning that I only bought this last night, having originally seen it in Aldi a week ago. I kicked myself for not buying there and then when I read up on them. I didn't expect there to be any remaining and was pleasantly surprised to find a stock (could see at least 5, but didn't count) on the rack at Aldi in Newark. So, if anyone has been disappointed and is in Notts / Lincs border area - may be worth a trip (perhaps phone in advance to check?)

Now looking fwd to finding out how to use it on this forum!

Janet

fivecooks

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 28.01.11 12:53

Hi Janet

Welcome

Thanks, I didn't think there would be any still to be had.
I'm sure you'll get great use of your HO in your motorhome and at home. Just be aware that it can draw up to 6.1 amps from the post - this could be a problem on some sites - just watch what else you have got switched on at the time. (We have a touring caravan)

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  fivecooks on 29.01.11 10:59

Thanks June - that's something we must remember, especially in France when the electrics are less superior to our UK facilities!

First test run later today!

Janet

fivecooks

Back to top Go down

Post  cherrie-dawn on 30.01.11 12:18

We have a touring caravan, and hope to get a motorhome before too long to go to France and Spain Very Happy

Any tips on using the HO while out in the countryside would be very much appreciated cheers

cherrie-dawn

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 30.01.11 14:10

Hi Cherrie-dawn

Have a good read around the forum when you get time, there's plenty of hints, tips and recipes for using your HO. The only thing you need to be aware of (as stated above) is the supply on your hook-up and the amps you are using with your oven. The electric supply abroad, particularly, could fall short of what is required.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  cherrie-dawn on 30.01.11 21:05

Thank you the electric supply is something I wasn't aware of Rolling Eyes

cherrie-dawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:39

Sponsored content