Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Complete meal cooking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complete meal cooking

Post  sallyann on 14.01.11 1:27

Hi everyone
I have a 12 litre, extending to 17 litre with the ring, oven. So far I have cooked wonderful roast dinners for 2. I would like to be able to cater for 4 but how do I get enough potatoes, pumpkin, parsnip etc in the oven. Can I cook the meat on the upper rack & put the vegies on the lower one?
I suppose if I wanted to cook yorkshire puddings as well, I would have to have cooked them in advance & then just reheat them at the end.
Perhaps someone could enlighten me with regard to when to use the upper of lower rack.
Look forward to receiving your advice
Thanks please

sallyann

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Complete meal cooking

Post  Admin on 14.01.11 11:52

Hi sallyannm

Ideally you should be able to cook your meat with the vegs around it on the same rack. It you have to use 2 racks then meat goes on top and vegs on bottom rack. It is a good idea to wrap your vegs in foil otherwise they will be soaked in fat dripping from the meat.

You should avoid stacking food in an attempt to cook more. If there is too much food, air cannot circulate and only the top will be cooked.

Now about these yorkshire puddings ? You will have to reheat them but they won't be as good.

May be you need a second halogen oven lol!

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  sallyann on 14.01.11 12:05

Thanks Reeta. On more thinking it may be that I cook the meat & then,while the meat is resting, I do the vegies. I like all of my root vegetables roasted (particularly parsnip) & I really can not accommodate more than sufficient for 2 around the meat. Looks like yorkshire puddings will have to be made when I reheat meat (in gravy) on the second day - just when I've found that I can make them successfully,too. Rolling Eyes

sallyann

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 14.01.11 16:02

Hi Sallyanne I cooked a roast for six with all the extras including pigs in blankets. I cooked the roast meat for Half it's time add potatoes to the lower rack put the meat on top rack, when meat finished put the temperture put in the rest of roast veg and yorkies whilst the meat rested wrapped in tin foil. Everything was ready by the time I'd carved meat and started to dish up hope this may help Good Luck

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:32

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum