Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

eric a new member

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eric a new member

Post  brocklesby on 05.12.09 8:29

Hi to you all,
My name is Eric,
I live in Spain and have retired. I do cooking in the club I belong too and hopefully I will have recipes for the forum
I live in Spain and do part time work as a chef. I have just bought a JML halogen oven, Never used anything like this before, and there was no recipes to mind in the instruction booklet to speak of. Some of my friends have bought the ovens and they swear by them.
What I would like to do is experiment with some of my recipes and include them on the forum if they work out.
The basics like roast potato's would be nice, I know they are part boiled but do you spray a little oil on them first before putting them in the oven and do put them on a tray. These machines are OK but little extras have to be paid for, which I think should be included.
eric

brocklesby

THANK YOU : 24

Back to top Go down

Hi Eric

Post  Admin on 05.12.09 14:50

Welcome to the Forum Eric.

brocklesby wrote:What I would like to do is experiment with some of my recipes and include them on the forum if they work out.
That would be great and I know other members would really appreciate this. Thank you

brocklesby wrote:The basics like roast potato's would be nice, I know they are part boiled but do you spray a little oil on them first before putting them in the oven and do put them on a tray.
For roast potatoes I use a little olive oil to spray and put them on a tray. For jacket potatoes no oil and straight on a rack. That's how I cook my potatoes but I am sure other members have their own ways of doing roast potatoes in the halogen oven Smile

Glad you've joined us Eric

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

potato's

Post  brocklesby on 05.12.09 23:23

Hi,
Thanks for the info on the roast potatoes, will try tomorrow when i do the roasts
just a footnote to all out there.
I used my oven for the first time today, I made one of my soups (leek and potato) it turned out to be very good, flavor excellent if not better than my conventional way of doing it.
I also did a beef casserole in two thirds of the time it normally takes.
My wife who is a very good critic of my recipes that I do said it was more flavorsome than what I normally do. very pleased so far, however, there is bound to be some accidents when experimenting.
I do a very good chicken in white wine, if it comes out as my conventional method will post on the forum.
thanks to you all for advice.
eric

brocklesby

THANK YOU : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: eric a new member

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum