Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Andrew James 12litre

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew James 12litre

Post  cp24 on 03.01.11 21:24

Hi

We're new to halogen ovens and are looking at the Andrew James 12l oven from Amazon.
A couple of questions if anyone can help:-
1) How big is it (basic HxWxD)
2) Can the halogen bulb be replaced easily if necessary?
3) Is there a better one?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Chris

cp24

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew James 12litre

Post  Admin on 04.01.11 17:10

Hi Chris,

I have a 12litre JML so I can only give you the measurements based on my one. The Andrew James would be about the same size.

1) How big is it (basic HxWxD)
Just the glass bowl: W-33cms H -17cms
The whole thing, glass bowl sitting on the stand: W-41 cms H – 34 cms

2) Can the halogen bulb be replaced easily if necessary?
I don’t know.
Can you get replacement bulbs for your particular oven, that is another question. You need to ask the place where you buy yours.

3) Is there a better one?
I have read feedbacks on some cheaper unbranded models that are being sold on Ebay. Customers are claiming that the glass bowls are thinner and could break easily.
Personally I believe that the famous brand of Halogen Ovens are all the same. The reason I chose a JML instead of The Andrew James was for the extended warranty.

Quote from JML:
Protect your Halogen Oven with our extended two-year replacement warranty for just £9.95, that’s less than £5 per year!
If for any reason you require any service for your Halogen Oven, it will be repaired or replaced with a brand new unit, no questions asked, anytime for an additional two years from the end of the original twelve month warranty period.
Plus – if you do need to return your Halogen Oven, under the extended warranty, P&P will be absolutely FREE!

This is what did it for me – 3 years of no worries

Hope this helps Chris

Best wishes
Reeta

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  cp24 on 04.01.11 20:02

Thanks Reeta, that's very helpful. We're thinking of getting one for use in our campervan but we need to know how much space it will take up as it's only a small van.

cp24

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 04.01.11 20:33

Hi
Have you considered a 7 litre model with an extender ring - that's what I use in my touring van and at home (although am considering a larger model for home.)

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  cp24 on 04.01.11 20:51

Thanks June. I suppose the smaller one may be the best way of trying it out. Do you find the 7 litre big enough for cooking for 2 in the van?

Chris

cp24

Back to top Go down

Post  toots on 04.01.11 22:50

Hi Chris,

I have a Andrew James 12L which I bought from amazon, it's a amazing machine and a real bargain, mine came with all accessories, my measurements including the bowl on the stand , height 15 ins but 3 ins higher with extender, width 15 1/2 ins the other questions I can,t help you with but I have had more success than failure with my cooking which for me is a bonus

Happy munching

toots

THANK YOU : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 05.01.11 0:50

Hi Chris

On the whole it does the two of us. I use it a lot and the fact that electricity is now 'all in' on the campsites we use makes it economical.
Caravan club sites tend to have a 16A supply but some sites have as little as 6A and on those sites you may struggle with larger more powerful HO's - mine is 1000W and has never caused a problem.
There is of course a compromise with size and I tend to cook mainly one thing at a time as once the top rack is in use, things on the bottom don't tend to cook very well (if I need both racks there is some swapping around involved).
I use small round baking tins as the trays for the larger models don't fit a 7 litre model.
The biggest problem can be removing food from the hot oven. Long oven mitts are essential but that's the case on the larger models too.
Good luck with whatever you decide. Happy New Camping Year Very Happy

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  cp24 on 05.01.11 22:34

Hi June
Thanks for all the good advice. I think we will plump for the 7L model as space is at a premium in our camper van.

I think I will also invest in some long oven gloves.

Looking forward to the start of the season. Had enough of winter now.
Chris

cp24

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 06.01.11 0:53

Hi Chris

You're welcome. We have had enough of winter too.
Our 2-berth doesn't have much extra space either but please make sure your 7 litre includes the extender ring for flexibility.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum