Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Steaming Veg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steaming Veg

Post  DiWalker on 02.01.11 18:04

Sorry it is me again? I have just tried to steam carrots and leeks to go with baked potatoes and sirloin steak. I chickened out with the steak and did it on the griddle!!!!! I put a little olive oil on the potatoes and put them on the top ring at 200 for 40 minute with the extension ring to stop them browning too much. I turned them at 20 minutes but they were still not done so I took off the ring and gave them another 20 minutes and they were OK. At the same time I had made two parcels one of carrots and one of leeks and made little parcels with some water in as I have read. They were on the bottom rack. After an hour the carrots were still very hard and the leeks just about cooked but not perfect. Where am I going wrong as at the moment it seems to be longer in the HO not quicker and my husband who bought it for me for Christmas is beginning to think he has wasted his money. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Also yesterday I made some Fapjack with the recipe in the Halogen Oven Made Simple book and did it exactly as it said but although the top was cooking and browning OK (in fact a bit too much for the dried fruit) the bottom was completely soggy and not cooked at all. Help PLEEEEEEEEEEase!!!!

DiWalker

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Steaming Veg

Post  hummingbird on 03.01.11 15:55

Hi Di believe there is a recipe in the A-Z for jacket potatoes< but if you microwave them for a few mins first believe this reduces oven time as for carrots perhaps upping the temperture would work. I have found that most recipes for baking in the oven a bit ambitious and find reducing temperture and increasing the cooking time or covering the cake with tin foil for the first half of cooking helps to turn out perfect cakes. Don't think halogen cooking is any quicker but it certainly does cook food better. The best thing is to experiment what works for your oven and style of cooking Good Luck

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  DiWalker on 04.01.11 11:00

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think I shall just have to keep trying and see what works. I have read from someone else that things on the bottom ring don't seem to cook. I think the answer may be to keep the extension ring on and use the top ring. Will see how it goes.

DiWalker

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:46

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum