Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

CHRISTMAS: Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CHRISTMAS: Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding

Post  junie on 22.12.10 21:11

Sainsburys has a recipe card for this and I tried it in the halogen. It is terrific and so easy.

Use pannetone instead of bread and you dont need butter as there is already so much in the bread!

About 4 thick slices panettone, 300 g mincemeat 100 mls double cream, 200 mls semi skimmed milk (I used whole milk – seemed a bit daft to use double cream and skimmed milk I mean if it is going to be ‘to die for’ (heart attack on a plate) you might as well use full cream milk!) 3 tablespoons caster sugar 3 large eggs ½ tablespoon Demerara sugar 30 g glace cherries chopped.

Spread panettone with mincemeat, cut in half (so they are ½ moon shape), arrange in 1 litre ovenproof dish.

Whisk cream milk caster sugar and eggs to make custard, pour over panettone and press down so slices are covered, sprinkle with Demerara and glace cherries

Bake until custard set and top is golden brown. Ordinary oven recipe said 160 for a fan oven and about 35 -40 minutes. I had already been told to use a ban marie to make sure the pudding didn't get hard, so I thought I would try it in the halogen......not really a success, cooked on 160 for 40 minutes in the litre dish on low rack with water to half way up side of dish. After 40 minutes water was hot but pudding not cooked, so I increased the heat and cooked again.

Were I cooking again, I don't think I would bother with the ban marie effect, just trust the halogen oven and keep an eye on things 160 - 175 would seem to be a good temperature and probably max 30 minutes to set custard.

BTW Don't use too much mincemeat - makes it too sickly sweet.

Posted by Charpur on 22/12/10 at 11.37

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum