Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

christmas bread and butter pudding.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

christmas bread and butter pudding.

Post  charpur on 22.12.10 11:47

Sainsburys has a recipe card for this and I tried it in the halogen. It is terrific and so easy.

Use pannetone instead of bread and you dont need butter as there is already so much in the bread!

About 4 thick slices panettone, 300 g mincemeat 100 mls double cream, 200 mls semi skimmed milk (I used whole milk – seemed a bit daft to use double cream and skimmed milk I mean if it is going to be ‘to die for’ (heart attack on a plate) you might as well use full cream milk!) 3 tablespoons caster sugar 3 large eggs ½ tablespoon Demerara sugar 30 g glace cherries chopped.

Spread panettone with mincemeat, cut in half (so they are ½ moon shape), arrange in 1 litre ovenproof dish.

Whisk cream milk caster sugar and eggs to make custard, pour over panettone and press down so slices are covered, sprinkle with Demerara and glace cherries

Bake until custard set and top is golden brown. Ordinary oven recip said 160 for a fan oven and about 35 -40 minutes. I had already been told to use a ban marie to make sure the pudding didn't get hard, so I thought I would try it in the halogen......not really a success, cooked on 160 for 40 minutes in the litre dish on low rack with water to half way up side of dish. After 40 minutes water was hot but pudding not cooked, so I incerased the heat and cooked again.

Were I cooking again, I don't think I would bother with the ban marie effect, just trust the halogen oven and keep an eye on things 160 - 175 would seem to be a good temperature and probably max 30 minuted to set custanrd.

BTW Don't use too much mincemaeat - makes it too sickly sweet.
charpur

charpur

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: christmas bread and butter pudding.

Post  Admin on 22.12.10 12:40

(heart attack on a plate) - Laughing fell off chair Oh I love it

This could be the plot for a book/ movie
Rich husband, gold digger wife - She just has to cook this for him a few times a week

It sounds yummy. I will give this a try charpur
and before anyone asks, the answer is NO - I will not be cooking this for my husband 3 times a week.

Anyway all I will inherit are his debts lol!

free-happy-smileys-9 Charpur

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 22.12.10 21:06

Thank you for this Charpur thank you

I'll add it to the A-Z so that it is easy to find. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  charpur on 10.01.11 20:11

Hi Reeta and June - thanks for responses: Reeta - I think Nigel Slater's 'toast' is almost just that plot! His mother died, father remarried (gold digger but wonderful cook who divorced own husband and left children to marry again). She kept feeding husband wonderful meals and he eventually had a heart attack and died, she inherited all!
NB Read at weekend that this was not the case, 2nd wife not gold digger and that heart attack was as result of playing tennis!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both sad of course in that someone dies but had it been fiction, first story would have been better! ch

charpur

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.01.11 17:06

Hi Charpur,

Tennis indeed Suspect The plot thickens

I went online and read a bit more about it. Apparently the BBC’s screen adaptation of chef Nigel Slater’s autobiography Toast attracted an impressive 6.2 million viewers. Sadly I missed it.

Miss Marple signing off
Smile

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

how to add to the A to Z ? Please

Post  mame on 13.01.11 10:51

junie wrote:Thank you for this Charpur thank you

I'll add it to the A-Z so that it is easy to find. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Hi.. could you tell me how to do this please ? ( add to an A to Z..I cant figure it out.

thankyou !

mame

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.01.11 10:59

Hi Mame

If you would like to share a recipe, please add it in this section.

The A-Z can only be read by members. Reeta or I will copy recipes to the relevant section. This keeps the A-Z tidy and easy to follow. Very Happy

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  mame on 13.01.11 11:05

Thanks for that June...Can you tell me how to get to the A to Z, - easily.. Is there a quick way.. as, at present, there is a moving thingy, on the left of my screen, and above that, a search button, do I always have to enter ' A to Z of Recipes ' on this, please ?

thankyou

mame

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.01.11 12:21

Hi Mame

Scroll further down the home page till you get to the red highlighted section of 'Recipes in Alphabetical Order' and click on the relevant letter. You don't need to type anything in.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  mame on 14.01.11 15:23

hi june

found it now.. thanks !

mame

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:17