Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  chris 1 on 18.12.10 8:51

Hi I'm chris new to halogen oven cooking. would like to know if i can heat up a frozen meal in its container in this oven and how long. book with this item is crap

chris 1

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: new member

Post  toots on 18.12.10 9:16

Hi Chris & welcome to the forum,

Yes you can cook a frozen meal, just treat it like you would in your normal oven but lower the temperature ie if it says 200c do it at 180c for roughly the same time it always works for me, it really like using a fan oven I use the lower rack.

toots

THANK YOU : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  chris 1 on 18.12.10 9:33

thank you toots, will try on my next meal and let you know how it went. trying to save on power, as it is going up and up here in australia. Chef

chris 1

Back to top Go down

Post  toots on 18.12.10 10:04

Good luck,

With your meal, another tip is if you have to pierce top of frozen meal I use the upper rack upside down on top of food, if the the plastic sleeve starts to come loose that way it stops it from getting sucked up by the fan. We too in the Uk are having power increases , and at the moment have snow brrr.

toots

THANK YOU : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 18.12.10 10:43

Hi Chris and Welcome

Welcome

Toots is right about the ready meals but please note that you can't do the ones in plastic microwave containers. If the dish can be oven cooked then there is no problem.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 18.12.10 15:25

Hello and Welcome to the forum chris hope meal was a success Good Luck

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  chris 1 on 19.12.10 3:04

I have just cooked a dessert and found using lower rack didn't cook in the time it should have, so used the top rack and then took off the top of the dessert and found it was nice and crisp on 10 mins instead of 15.
I am wondering if uncooked food so close to the fan will have food fly up to the fan and into the cooking elements? also what about fat from meat??
thank you all for answering my queries, they are a great help. santa

chris 1

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 19.12.10 10:39

Hi Chris some deserts do take little longer than it should depends on what it is... lol! as for meat I find it cooks best on the lower rack wrapped in tinfoil uncover for last 30 min but this method doesn't work for pork if you want crackling... not had any problem with fat or food in fan or element it is just like a coventional oven except fan in lid but you don't need additional fat with the food to help cook unless you are cooking yourkshires you can do these in ramakin dishes if space a problem they can be cooked during the meats rest time and turn out great. Experimentation is the best thing so you get it right for your oven as they all differ..... Good Luck

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  chris 1 on 20.12.10 8:03

thanks for the information. i had a disaster with my frozen meal,the top came off and plastered itself on the bottom of the element, it took a long time and some patience to get it off, so will take advice of putting the other wire rack over it. i have also tried the meal on the bigger rack to find that even though i give the correct temperature and take five mins off instructions, they are still frozen in the middle, so i suppose i still have a lot of experiementing to do. more later. thank you

chris 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum