Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from Silken - I've just bought an halogen oven!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi from Silken - I've just bought an halogen oven!

Post  Jose1 on 15.12.10 14:31

HELLO MY NAME IS JOSE IM NEW MEMBER JUST GOT MY HO YESTERDAY ITS A COOKSHOP WITH HINGED LID MOST ARE NOT FROM YOUR FORUM AM SO PLEASED I WENT FOR THE ONE WITH. AM A OTAL NOVICE TO COOKING ON IT ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR FIRST THING TO TRY WOULD BE GREAT I JUST KEEP GOING IN KITCHEN AND LOOKING AT IT AND SMILING HOW DAFT AM I. BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR IT NOW IVE GOT IT DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. LOTS LOVE TO YOU ALL GLAD YOUR ALL HERE TO HELP

Jose1

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

NEW SMILING HO LOOKER NOT COOKER AT PRESENT

Post  Jose1 on 15.12.10 14:37

Hi everyone My name is Jose sorry i think i wrote my intro on wrong bit but hay im daft enough to keep looking at my lovely new HO with hinged lid and smiling and still not cooking anything in it. Any ideas for a novice first thing to try out Lots love and thanks for this wonderful site x

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Hi from Silken - I've just bought an halogen oven!

Post  hummingbird on 15.12.10 14:38

Hello and Welcome Jose to the forum glad you found us and joined as for what to cook what have you got inthe fridge to use roasts are always good why not trawl through some to the recipes already posted by other members for ideas. If you have any questions just post here sure one of us will beable to help you or know where to go for answers. Good Luck with your first attempt

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 15.12.10 14:54

Hi Jose,

I've merged your 2 posts in one topic Smile

Glad you found us and please be brave and cook something Chef

Remember we are here if you need help.

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 15.12.10 15:12

Thanks for lovely welcome, have been on here hours still cant work out what to try as a first... There are so many recipes and they all sound totaly lush.. Just thought someone might help me with an easy first go, on my gleaming new HO its smilling back at me? lots love x x

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 15.12.10 15:15

Hi Jose1 thing is we don't know what you have in to start with ingredients is the base for good food Embarassed

hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 15.12.10 15:23

Hi Jose and welcome

Welcome

What about cheese on toast or a baked potato. The pitta pizzas are quick and easy and you can use whatever ingredients that you have to hand.

Good Luck

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 15.12.10 15:38

Jose1 here's one thats easy for a first two potatoes prick in a few places with fork rub little veg oil over cook at 200c in the bottom on low rack of oven for 1hr turning halfway through check if cooked by piercing with knife if soft all the way through then remove and serve with topping of choice. Time may differ depending on potatoe size and how many you are cooking no more than six small potatoes at any one time Good Luck

hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 03.01.11 16:40

THANKS SO MUCH HUMMINGBIRD THE JACKET POTS WHERE LUSH AND CHEESE ON TOAST JUNIE, ANY IDEAS FOR LEFT OVERS FROM NEW
YEAR HAVE LOADS OF HAM AND USUAL VEGIES ETC.. ANY NEW IDEAS WOULD BE WELCOMED CHEERS FRIDGE FULL OF CHEESES TOO.
EVERYONE FOR MAKING ME FEEL SO WELCOME LOTS LOVE

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 03.01.11 16:56

Hi Jose1 glad the potatoes turned out good as for the left over ham and cheese why not try a ham pasta bake or cauliflower cheese hope you find a recipe that helps study

hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 03.01.11 17:47

THANKS HUMMINGBIRD WILL TRY THAT CHEERS X

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  Debbie L on 04.01.11 4:40

hi Jose
I'm new too, arent the cookers cool i kept just looking at mine too but i'm not posh enough to have a hinged lid Very Happy I couldnt wait to cook something in mine and i did quorn sausages that i had in the freezer for ages i was actually surprised that the oven made them taste better (if thats possible with quorn) I cant wait to give my chilli recipe a go in it now that ive seen we can do things like that.
I hope you find inspiration on here like i have and give it a go you'll be so happy with the end result, happy cooking, debbie xxx

Debbie L

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 04.01.11 16:52

Thanks Debbie I made corned beef Hash today . Am still trying to work out thawing frozen stuff doesnt seem to be in the instructions that came with my machine or in any cook books that my friends have wish i lived nearer them they live in america they have loads books out there , and there oven came with far better instructions even dvd 's too. wish ours did.. Think that companys who make and sell theem here are falling very short with the instructions and receipts too. lots love x

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  Debbie L on 04.01.11 17:24

you should try getting in touch with the company that does yours and tell them this, it might just get things changed and ye never know they may send you something, i got mine in TJ Hughes and was only £35 reduced from £45 i was made up coz it came with the extender ring but the instructions i got are very basic which is why i went searching Smile i think i would have prefered a hindged lid now though, it can be awkward as my kichen layout is bloody stupid and i need more workspace really but i'm just so glad i can cook proper food now and no more microwave meals i was getting really fed up of them. corned beef hash is something ive never ever had my mum didnt even cook it and i keep thinking i'll give it a go but never do, you'll have to tell me how you did it and i'll defo give it a go this time Laughing xxx

Debbie L

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 04.01.11 17:51

Jose1 wrote:Am still trying to work out thawing frozen stuff doesnt seem to be in the instructions that came with my machine or in any cook books
Hi Jose,
the button / function for WASH can also be the one for THAW, to defrost frozen food. Try defrosting a small amount of food such as frozen peas to check if this works for your oven.

No water or washing up liquid is needed lol!

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 04.01.11 18:01

Just got no idea of timings thats the prob why oh why dont they give any of this info the manufacturers are missing it on these ovens it gets me so cross. thanks Reeta lots love

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 04.01.11 18:07

Hi debbie L It is so simple a mix of halogen and micro power, I love steam bags they a great accessory steam pots and onions in steam bag chopped up of course take only 3 mins if chopped small then add chopped corned beef and put in pyrex dish imix with a little ketchup and few frozen peas but up to you i cook on high rack on 200 for 15mins but keep watching it some days seems quicker then others but its so lush ive cooked it three times in last week with all leftover cornd beef from xmas had 5 tins for some reason. but glad to have it. Hope you now give it a go lots luck love jose

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose1 on 04.01.11 18:09

Oh forgot to say I always cook with extender ring on if you dont have one do on lower rack sure that will be ok

Jose1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum