Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from a newby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from a newby

Post  Linda53 on 27.11.09 18:36

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and also to halogen ovens. I've just bought a Flavourwave Turbo Oven. I bought in from an auction site in Germany and the instruction book has turned out to be in Swedish. I didn't want to pay a lot in case it turned out to be 'just another gimmicky thing' and I couldn't get one posted to me in France from the UK. Anyway, as you can imagine I'm finding it a bit difficult and am hoping that I can pick up some help and info on this forum.

Linda53

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from a newby

Post  Admin on 28.11.09 16:38

Welcome to the Forum Linda

I have posted the Flavorwave instruction manual in English in the Manuals and instruction leaflets section

There are some recipes as well

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda53 on 29.11.09 10:30

Thanks Reeta that's very helpful, I'll try out some of the recipes. I've cooked a shoulder of lamb with roast vegetables. The lamb was beautiful but I need to work on the roast potatoes still but I guess it's going to be a trial and error process.

Linda53

Back to top Go down

Roast Potatoes

Post  wimplebum on 02.12.09 20:35

Hi Linda, I did roast potatoes a couple of days ago and did it slightly different, I did one half part cooked in the microwave for about 4 minutes (about half the time to cook completely) and then finished them off in the Halogen oven after coating them with butter, and the other half straight in the Halogen Oven. The part cooked ones were really good, but the others were still hard and needed an extended period of time to cook them. Hope thats of some help to you.

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda53 on 18.12.09 21:32

Thanks wimplebum for the microwave tip - I'll try that. Since I posted the query I have tried my normal way of part boiling them and then tossing in some seasoned oil before cooking in the halogen oven - they turned out good as long as I cooked them on their own. If I tried to cook them with the meat they lost their crunchieness.

Linda53

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum