Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Steve from number 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steve from number 7

Post  Steve_Seven on 05.12.10 14:16

Hello everyone, I'm new member Steve. I joined because there seems to be a deep knowledge pool here, so I'm reading and learning a lot.

I bought my 1st Halogen oven yesterday, and read the instructions twice before daring to try it.

It's a NUO from Robert Dyas,£40 down from £60, the lid lifts off and pops on to a stand. It came with extender ring, skewers for kebabs, a toasting rack, steamer, non-stick frying dish, and 2 level rack. It has a 2 yr guarantee, but I can see it's not complicated. A halogen bulb, a fan, and simple twist controls, not a lot to go wrong.

So far, I've done a 1.25kg boneless pork shoulder joint from chilled on the low rack for 60min at 200c. Nice crackling but a little pink inside. I finished it by cutting it in 2 then giving it another blast. Next time I'll skewer the joint, reduce the temperature and increase the time a little.

To accompany the pork I've done jacket spuds. 3 minutes in the microwave, turned over, nuked for a further 3. Then skewered and sprayed with oil, baked for 30mins on low rack at 180c. After finding the meat was pink inside I thought that the skewers would help get heat into the middle of the potato quicker.

I like the oven most because I can see whats going on, and it takes up less space than the Combi microwave oven which died last week. Once cooking is done and the lid is on it's stand it's easy to move the bowl to another surface.

I use a Tefal steamer for most vegetables, and I think I'll soon get the halogen working in harmony with it.

Best wishes and happy cooking to everyone,

Steve, living at number 7, Henley, South East England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Steve from number 7

Post  junie on 05.12.10 14:20

Hi Steve

Hello and Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you sre finding the forum useful and getting off to a good start with your HO.
Best wishes to you too.

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 05.12.10 14:33

Hello and Welcome steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.12.10 23:04

Hello and Welcome to the forum Steve

You sound like you know your way around the kitchen cool

Glad you're joined us.

Back to top Go down