Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Fed up with false oven temps

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fed up with false oven temps

Post  hummingbird on 01.12.10 13:29

Hi All
I got so fed up with food not cooking properly I e-maied the manufactors yesterday.... I bought a flavorwave from Thane.... and I got a very prompt reply with helpful tips although very obvious and one's I'm already doing Rolling Eyes . They agreed that temps in cooks books are generally to high so advise to cook at lower settings, so why put false info out there :confused:. They also said they would be looking at fed back from customers in regards to there cook book I did point out it was next to useless Very Happy All in all not much good as still leads to a lot of experimenting good job I love cooking feedme

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Fed up with false oven temps

Post  junie on 01.12.10 19:32

Hi Hummingbird

A lot of the so called cookbooks seem to want you to 'nuke' your food - going for speed not quality. It can be very frustrating because they raise peoples expectations beyond what is possible - hence disappointment. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully by learning together on here we can be more useful. Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 01.12.10 23:45

I know how annoying this is Hummingbird.

If they tell the "truth" then it will contradict what they are advertising

I think they should just tell customers to visit this forum for support , tips and advice.

And all for free Laughing

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Just An Idea To Help With These False Oven Temp. The Guide Books Give Us!

Post  clasiechick1 on 17.01.11 5:03

Hi Hummingbird! I also am fed up with the false temp guides, and as I am a Newbie it is very frustrating! also I am only used to cooking on a conventional gas cooker, so I am not used to cooking on electric especially fan assisted! So I have been on the web and I have just downloaded a temp. convertor guide from Gas, Electric convector oven F, Electric convector oven C to Electric convector fan ovens, this site also gives you a guide to cooking times for certain products! So I have decided to try useing there settings as a guide but to adjust my cooking time by cooking it about 10 - 15 mins less and then take it from there! the site that I found for these temp guides is: Cooking temperature guide ROUGH RECIPES! In case you are interested in my idea! DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL WORK OR NOT! but I think it is worth a shot! so will let you know how I get on! Smile I Forgot to say that the temp. guide I will be trying, Rolling Eyes is for the Electric Convector Fan assisted Oven!

Last edited by clasiechick1 on 17.01.11 5:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to add which temp. Guide I will be trying!)

clasiechick1

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  ukcarol on 17.01.11 21:50

The best tip I was given when I bought my fan oven was from the chap that fitted as he had the same oven. Either drop the recommended temp by 10 or cook on the same temp and reduce the cooking time by 15 min for every hours cooking. Don't know if this will work for the HO as only just bought it and cooked one meal so far, but it definately works for the fan oven.

Carol Very Happy

ukcarol

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 18.01.11 12:57

Hi Clasiechick thank you for the tip.

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 18.01.11 16:02

Hi
I'm used to fan oven cooking and the HO is just a little fan oven and the guidelines as mentioned by clasiechick1 and ukcarol are a good starting place for getting your timings correct.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  clasiechick1 on 23.01.11 3:18

Sorry I have only just got back to you Hummingbird! But you are welcome! hope my idea helped!

I am trying my ideas on some recipes at the moment! if they work! I will add them to the recipe section, but I will let you all know on here if I succeed! fingers crossed.

Very Happy clasiechick1

clasiechick1

Back to top Go down

Trying to insert a picture to attach to my name.

Post  clasiechick1 on 23.01.11 4:18

I am trying to upload an image for my profile! dont seem to be having much luck! but will keep on trying.

clasiechick1

Last edited by clasiechick1 on 23.01.11 4:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had to delete the attachment it went in the wrong place! (laugh) clasiechick1)

clasiechick1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum