Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

New to Halogen cooker and needing advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to Halogen cooker and needing advice

Post  kennyboymarkey on 27.11.10 15:04

As a new user of Halogen Ovens I need some advice please. Having read the cook book for frozen Pizza I have the following problem. I reduced the cooking temperature and time by 10% as advised in the book but I found that the top was overcooked whilst the base was still uncooked. I have also found that if I do fish fingers on the bottom trivet and chips on the top one the chips cook but the fish fingers don't. Where am I going wrong?
All advise would be welcomed.
Thank you.

kennyboymarkey

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New to Halogen cooker and needing advice

Post  Admin on 27.11.10 16:52

kennyboymarkey wrote:As a new user of Halogen Ovens I need some advice please. Having read the cook book for frozen Pizza I have the following problem. I reduced the cooking temperature and time by 10% as advised in the book but I found that the top was overcooked whilst the base was still uncooked.

Hi Kennyboymarkey,

I have tried many ways to cook frozen pizza and finally this is what works best for me.

I bought a Non-stick Pizza Tray that fits my HO, one with holes in it.
Preheat oven with empty pizza tray inside at 200c
When ready reduce heat, place pizza on tray and cook.
Best to use lower heat and cook for longer.
You need the heat to circulate beneath the pizza, so it works best if you use your high rack and the extender ring.

I have never cooked fish fingers and chips in my halogen oven. Let's hope someone else have tried and will be able to help you.

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  A Friend on 26.12.10 15:15

I have just got a 650 watt halogen oven, surely the cooking times vary with the wattage?

A Friend

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 27.12.10 7:39

That is right Phil7
Did you get any instruction leaflet/guideline with your Halogen Oven?

welcome

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re:Fish Fingers & Chips

Post  valkyrtb on 27.12.10 10:47

kennyboymarkey wrote: if I do fish fingers on the bottom trivet and chips on the top one the chips cook but the fish fingers don't. Where am I going wrong?

Hiya Kennyboymarkey I haven't cooked fish fingers & chips yet, but I have cooked scampi & curly fries - which is close.

chef

Like you I cooked my breaded fishy things on the bottom and my fries on the top, although I do use an extender ring.

Sure enough when the timer went *ping* my fries were nice n golden but my scampi was still pale and a bit soggy looking Suspect

What I did was take my fries out and plate them up - bit too hot to eat immediately anyways. Then I moved the scampi to the top and cooked for 5 minutes more and they too went golden and crispy. Meantime the fries had cooled down enough to eat (though I did steal one or two while I was waiting for the scampi)

Hope that is of use to you - if needed you could also turn you fish fingers for more even cooking. If you want your chips piping hot you could place them in the bottom of the HO whilst the fish fingers finish off on the top

*Mmmm fish finger sandwich for brunch*

feedme

valkyrtb

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Reply to Reeta

Post  A Friend on 29.12.10 17:32

Hello Reeta,
The manual has very little in it.
I have found that I just need to time things a little longer as the wattage is lower than most.

One problem that I do have is that there are no buttons or knobs for defrost but it states on the box that I can defrost, any ideas?

A Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 29.12.10 18:49

Hi Phil,
if this system (cooking a little bit longer) is working fine then just do it this way. The food is getting cooked that the main thing really Smile

On my Halogen Oven there is one button that can do 2 functions "WASH" and "THAW" It could be that it is the same for your HO. Try using your wash button to defrost something small just to check if this works.

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Friend on 23.01.11 12:37

Reeta,
I do have instructions with my H.C. but they are not too good. Also there are only about 4 recipes and I don't like any of those.
Thinking about it if I set the cooker to a given temperature and a set time then it should cook the same as a higher wattage cooker only the element will not switch on and off so often (as it will take longer to get up to temperature).

A Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum