Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

I'm new to forums and never had a halogen oven so hope I have done this right

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm new to forums and never had a halogen oven so hope I have done this right

Post  wimplebum on 25.11.09 14:42

Hi there, I am a single man, living on my own, who enjoys cooking. I've just got my new Halogen Oven and am looking forward to using it. Cant say I think much about the recipe book though because it says "roast Lamb" and it doesn't mention lamb at all - its all about pork!!

I am looking forward to trying the machine out. At least this wont set my smoke detector off - unlike the oven the landlady provides Very Happy Will start off with some basic stuff, then start to do other things, and I am looking forward to experimenting. One of my recent favourite dishes is my version of chicken kiev which I cooked in a george forman. should taste better in the new oven I think.

Any suggestions etc will be most welcome

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm new to forums and never had a halogen oven so hope I have done this right

Post  Admin on 25.11.09 22:54

Welcome to the forum pimplebum Rolling Eyes oops! sorry, I meant wimplebum

Check out the recipes posted in this forum and try a few

I think with the halogen oven we need to experiment with various food if we want to learn about the tips and tricks etc.

Please tell us more about that chicken kiev recipe

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

My version of chicken Kiev

Post  wimplebum on 26.11.09 10:18

Ha ha ha you did make me chuckle Reeta - Pimplebum indeed Very Happy

I am going to try my kiev tonight. Its so easy to do. I just take a chicken breast and slice it through the width - not right through though. Spread it with a little butter (I use utterly butterly, which is a little less saturated fat but still good), then I have a device to sort of shred garlic into 1mm strips - was supposed to be a dicer from JML or Robert Dyas. I put 1 or 2 cloves of garlic through this and sprinkle this over the buttered part of the chicken breast, sprinkle over some dried parsley (fresh would be better but dont currently have any). Close the chicken breast up and wrap in bacon rashers. In the George it takes about 8 minutes to cook. I think it may be similar in the Halogen Oven. Probably need a temperature of 180-200 C (my halogen only has C) - that works out to 350 to 390/400 F (my mobile has a conversion program on it which comes in useful Smile ) I am going to try it at 180/350 for 10 minutes and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted.

p.s. chicken and bacon goes really well together anyway and its better than breadcrumbs especially if you have a problem with wheat or gluten.

wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Chicken Kiev with bacon

Post  wimplebum on 26.11.09 18:53

I did my recipe for this dish and was pleasantly surprised. Usually I do it in the George Foreman and it cooks dry and is pretty flat where the machine squashes it.

Just done in the Halogen Grill and it was not flat and tasted much better, although I used too much garlic. 1 clove is probably enough for 2 chicken breasts. It cooked in 10 minutes at 200C/400F. I have put the recipe in the Favourite Recipes section.

Cant wait to try some of my other "concoctions". I am always experimenting with food.

I did french fries in there too and they were done in 10 minutes following the recipe book - very nice. I cant do chips here because I live in a bedsit and we are not allowed to do deep-fat frying, and buying chips from the fish and chip shop I always get too many. This was just right for one though.

I think I am going to enjoy this new machine Very Happy

wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm new to forums and never had a halogen oven so hope I have done this right

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum