Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

The main glass bowl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The main glass bowl

Post  susan309 on 14.11.10 10:48

Im new to this oven having only bought it yesterday - i cant find the answer out from the instruction manual so was hoping one of you more experienced halogeners Very Happy could tell me if you can directly put vegetables into the bottom of the glass bowl - it says to wrap in foil in the book but the picture of the oven has the chicken on the low rack and just the cut veg underneath - will this work. Also if you want to do a stew or soup do you have to put into a bowl first inside the glass - i was hoping to be able to just put the ingredients straight into the glass bowl.

susan309

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: The main glass bowl

Post  hummingbird on 14.11.10 12:01

Hi Susan309
Just re-read my manual i've a flavourwave ho but it states to only place food on one of the wire racks to help with heat flow. Also looked in a ho recipe book they advice using a casserole dish for stews etc, as for the veg mine states to place veg on the outer edge of chichen in foil with a few spoons of water soft veg take approx 15 - 20 hard veg 30 - 40 mins hope this works good luck sorry info not much better Eating

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  susan309 on 14.11.10 14:27

Much appreciate your reply. I will soon find out Very Happy

Would you say that you should treat it like your ordinary oven - by that i mean i would put chicken in and also par boiled pots for roasts - so am i right in thinking i put the chicken in and then a bit later add the pots for roasts - i dont suppose you put them in at same time do you.

Sorry for all the questions i hope someone is able to tell me as time is counting down lol

susan309

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 14.11.10 15:13

Hi Susan

Yes, treat your HO as a small and efficient oven. Par boiling the roasties and adding them later is the way to go.

If you use the search function on the forum, you can easily find all the previous posts about the item that you are looking for - you'll get the benefit of everyone's advice.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  susan309 on 14.11.10 16:22

Thanks Junie - chicken is in and smells ok - im just now off to sort the roasts out. Will post later the outcome.

susan309

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsaze on 14.11.10 17:33

sorry if this is too late, but i found that if you par boil the spuds they dry out too much. If you put them around the bird raw they should do really nicely, but do turn them once or twice.

mattsaze

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsaze on 14.11.10 17:34

oh, and put in the same time as chicken

mattsaze

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  els87 on 15.11.10 0:12

Hi I love my HO,the meat is always more tender and moist and roasties are so crispy and tasty.I use rooster red potato only, If we cant get them then we dont have potatos,I always par boil no salt drain and salt then ,I use a flan tin with goose fat in just to coat the pots,I take my meat out put to rest and put tray of roasties in on highest wire rack 200 till brown turn them and finish off at 225 while you cut you meat roasties will finish off and are so crispy and tasty My family say they are best ever. Very Happy

els87

THANK YOU : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 15.11.10 13:48

Hi I did a roast beef yesterday with roasted root veg & pots (Maris Piper) par boiled add a little oil and roast on low rack for approx 1 hr turned out great whilst meat rested did homemade yorkshire pud put them in ramikin dishes cooked for 20mins 200c with great success. looks like there are many different ways we all achieve great cooking as there are different ho. Find all tips great help! thank you

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  susan309 on 19.11.10 18:11

Thank you all for your replies - some good ideas. I will certainly try putting the roast around the beef this weekend - must say though ive done roasts lots this week in the HO.

susan309

Back to top Go down

Post  foxy on 22.11.10 11:01

my oven has stoped working what can i do with the bowl

foxy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 22.11.10 11:17

Hi Foxy

I'm not sure that I understand the question so I'll try to cover the bases.

If your oven is under a year old it should be covered by the manufacturers guarantee. Contact your retailer for a replacement.
If its not under guarantee - do you intend to purchase a new Halogen oven? If so you could keep the bowl as a spare.
If you simply want to get rid of the bowl, then you could sell it on E-bay or in your local paper - someone else may have broken their bowl and need a replacement.

Hope this helps. Question

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  els87 on 22.11.10 13:06

Hi which oven is it as I have both types ,one the lid is hinged and you have to make sure the tiny contact button in the hinge part of the lid is engaged fully I have problems with mine ,the other one the top/lid lifts off and you have to make sure the handle is fully down.The other thing could it have blown a fuse.

els87

THANK YOU : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  foxy on 22.11.10 18:58

i donot know what is wrong with it but i am going to get another one it is not the fuse i think it is the element that has gone but then what would i know i am not electric minded can you put the bowl in a gas oven

foxy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 22.11.10 20:17

Hi Foxy

The bowl can withstand the high heat of the halogen bulb and the rigours of a dishwasher so technically it should be ok in an oven. It is so large and heavy - even when empty so I would think handling it, when oven hot and full, would be pretty dangerous though.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum