Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Shepards pie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shepards pie

Post  hummingbird on 11.11.10 15:04

Cooked a shephards pie in my halogen last night which turned out very well, i pre cooked meat veg etc drained of most of the gravy saved that in saucepan,put meat in glass pie dish (pyrex) used a bit of cheat for the potatoe topping by using thawed potatoe chips (a Delhi's cheat) set oven @ 200c and cooked pie for 20/25 mins got crispy top and hot middle well worth doing did veg in separate steamer.
hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: Shepards pie

Post  junie on 11.11.10 15:31

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us Hummingbird

thank you
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  izal13 on 22.11.10 17:40

Hi Hummingbird,
I was going to post because my first attempt with my new HO was a cottage ie yesterday. I used ordinary potatoes for the mash and apart from them getting a little bit overcooked it came out lovely. I was also going to say that the meat I used was minced shin, I didn't realise this until I'd paid for it because I thought minced steak would be better as the cooking is so quick and shin needs slower cooking, next time I'll give it a little longer to cook at the browning stage. Nevertheless, I was pleased with my first attempt and am ready to try something else.
Please let us know how you get on with other experiments.
Maureen

izal13

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 22.11.10 21:11

Hi izal13 Welcome
Glad to hear your first attempt was a success I used the potatoe crips just as a quick cheat as wasn't having good day with the arthritis in spine lol. I have found tin foil works well if top browning to quick and the rest needs longer. I've posted a few more recipes for puddings as i do most caseroles in the slow cooker so roasts and pasta bakes are good in ho happy cooking chef
hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum