Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Halogen newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halogen newbie

Post  colleenp on 10.11.10 9:56

Just got my Halogen oven. Really excited to start using it. I would really like to make some different types of bread. Does anyone have any recipes? I am a little disappointed with the recipe book, as it doesn't seem to show the recipes shown on the tv. Are there any other recipt books I can buy or can I use my old ones? Help please.

colleenp

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Halogen newbie

Post  junie on 10.11.10 10:55

Hi and welcome Colleenp

welcome

The reason this forum exists is because of lack of info from manufacturers.

You will find previous posts and recipes by typing 'bread' into the search box at the top left of the screen or looking under 'B' in the A-Z - there are a bread mix recipe and a bread machine one. They may help with timings.

Reeta has provided the following link to all things Halogen including recipe books.

http://www.halogenovenshop.co.uk/

If you are a keen baker, there is a new book coming soon by Sarah Flower available to pre-order on Amazon - 'Perfect Baking for your Halogen Oven' and no, I'm not on commision. It's due out in the first week of December.

You can of course use your old books but have a read of some of the previous posts for advice when you have time.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 10.11.10 15:29

Hi Colleenp and welcome I think i've got a recipe book just bought that had some bread recipes will check it out for you. I made a grape & citrus cake yesterday which was for conventional oven cooked as instructions in halogen oven, although it took little longer to cook middle, i tried it on partner last night, big mistake as he wants me to bake it again as he loved it. I have noticed anything to thick doesn't cook to well in the middle so breads may not work out. I like the sound of that book you mention junie may wait till someone writes a review before i buy it. Just off to do shephards pie see you all later Eating

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.11.10 14:39

Hello and Welcome to the forum colleenp

I'll post a bread recipe as soon as I can get one that works in the Halogen Oven Smile

Glad you're us Colleen

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  colleenp on 16.11.10 10:53

Thanks for all replies. I bought a bread mix from Tesco and cooked it in halogen oven, but although the top cooked really well, the underneath was still undercooked. So I had to turn it over and then got dents in bottom where the tongs went in and when I cut it afterwards there were holes where the dents were. Not very successful, but very tasty.

I also notice that a lot of things seem to get cooked well on top but not underneath - am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to use the lower rack in the oven or just put things straight onto the glass bowl?

colleenp

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  hummingbird on 16.11.10 13:44

Hi colleenp my flavorwave ho states to only ccok on one of the racks,steam basket browming tray etc and that solid foods should be turned half way cover with tin foil if browns to much, all casseroles need regular stirring although i did yorkies at weekend in ramakin dishes @ 200c for 20mins any they were bloomin' lovely not sure this is any help sorry if not may just be a case of trial and error. Just had bit of brainwave one of my halogen books gives bread recipe this is what it advised..........

Brush dough top with egg and sprinkle flour on put on lowest rack with extender ring bake @ 200c for 20 mins lift tin out place clean rack on top of bread invert tin see if loaf slips out if not give another 5 mins and try again once it slips out put loaf back in directly on rack with bottom facing up bake further 10 mins or so until loaf feels hollow when tapped...... hope this helps have couple of other bread recipes in this book if you fancy them can write out ingredients etc.....

flowerz

hummingbird

THANK YOU : 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:45

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum