Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

New girl ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New girl ...

Post  JackieM on 08.11.10 13:39

Good afternoon everyone ...

Just took the plunge & bought a JML 10 litre HO yesterday, haven't used it yet. This forum looks excellent and I look forward to widening my knowledge about this new way of cooking. However, one of the first things I read on here after joining today was a Daily Mail review of HOs in which the JML only scored about 4 out of 10, citing that a roast chicken didn't brown and looked unappetising, and vegetables seemed more boiled than roasted. It would be nice if some more experienced user(s) here could offer me a bit of reasurance about this particular oven and convince me that I haven't bought a duff model! Also, one of the things I'm wondering about is when to use the higher and lower racks.
Many thanks and kind regards

JackieM

JackieM

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: New girl ...

Post  junie on 08.11.10 13:59

Hi and welcome JackieM

Welcome

I don't have the JML myself but I know there are satisfied users on the forum.

The best thing you can do is read the recipes, tips and advice already posted on the forum (- use the search function on the top left for specific items.)
Try something simple for a start and judge your oven for yourself.

As for which rack - it very much depends on what you want to cook. As a general rule - things that you want to brown quickly and with shorter cooking times go on the top rack nearer to the heat source and larger items with longer cooking times go on the bottom.

If you can't find the answers you need in the previous posts just ask a question in the Q&A section and someone will try to help you.

Chef

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  JackieM on 08.11.10 15:07

Thank you June for your helpful response, I'm pleased to hear there are satisfied users of the JML, now I'm reassured. I guess its finding out by trial and hopefully not error from now on, but thank goodness for a website and forum like this.
JackieM

JackieM

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 08.11.10 17:24

to the forum JackieM

that Daily Mail review was only one person's opinion/review. It doesn't count Smile

I have the JML HO and I am happy with it.
I am not worried in case it stops working because I took the extra 2 years warranty for just £9.95 - so it is covered for 3yrs in total

This is a quote from their site
Protect your Halogen Oven with our extended two-year replacement warranty for just £9.95, that’s less than £5 per year!
If for any reason you require any service for your Halogen Oven, it will be repaired or replaced with a brand new unit, no questions asked,
anytime for an additional two years from the end of the original twelve month warranty period.
Plus – if you do need to return your Halogen Oven, under the extended warranty, P&P will be absolutely FREE!

I think it is wise to get the extra warranty (in my opinion)
and no, I don't have shares with JML Laughing
I am glad you're joined us Jackie

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

New girl ...

Post  JackieM on 09.11.10 10:50

Hi Reeta
Thanks for the info about the extra warranty, which I'm certainly going to take up and will do it now before it gets overlooked. JML must have great confidence in their product to offer such a generous warranty. You are right about the DM review, only one person's opinion and I'm no longer bothered about it. I tried chicken drumsticks last night with jacket potato and got good results. The potato skin was crispiest I've seen for a long time with a nice floury middle and the drumsticks delicious, although erring on the side of caution I probably did the drumsticks too long. I will know next time.
I appreciate your kind words and I'm glad I have joined too.
Jackie thank you (I like these smileys!)

JackieM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum