Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Usefull tip, using disposable dishes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Usefull tip, using disposable dishes

Post  Aviva on 07.11.10 19:38

i read the tip about the aluminum foil and try it but i found it dificult to carry it out of the bowl when it is full with liquids becouse it is to flexible so i use insted round 28cm diameter aluminum disposable dishe that is for backing caks. i put it inside the bowl and by pushing it gentely with my fingers aside i adjust it perfectly to the bowl and i acctualy create an aluminum tray with high margins that is perfectly fit to the bowl and is much more stiff and useful then an aluminum foil. i also use it to turn the racks around when one side of the dish is brownish better then another side. i just hold the margins with tongs and move it around. if it is not very dirty i wash it with mild dish sope and water and reuse it.

Last edited by Aviva on 13.11.10 10:06; edited 1 time in total

Aviva

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Usefull tip, using disposable dishes

Post  blackberry-rum on 07.11.10 21:14

Hi, I've just introduced myself on the "introduce yourself" thread.

I don't turn the dishes, or whole chickens, or whatever around, because they tend to tip or spill. I just take off the lid/element, and replace it after giving it a quarter turn. Do this a time or two during cooking and everything will be evenly browned. (if turning the lid makes the lead dangerous you can of course keep the lid still and turn the bowl!)

blackberry-rum

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 07.11.10 23:49

Hi Aviva and Blackberry-rum

Aviva, I only use foil on it's own if I am trying to make the clean-up easier. If I want to keep the cooking juices then I would use a baking tray or a stiffer foil dish as you say.

Blackberry-rum, I would love to try your recipe for whole chicken because without turning I don't know how you can make sure it is thoroughly cooked. Turning the lid, to me, only serves the purpose - if necessary ( and it isn't in my HO ) - of browning the top evenly. If it works for you, then great, but I wouldn't recommend it.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

please let me try to explain the tip again

Post  Aviva on 08.11.10 6:18

i use the aluminum tray under the the rack or both racks. i use it for keeping the bowl clean and not for cooking in it. it is just insted of the aluminum foil. when i move the aluminum tray that is set under the racks (with the help of tongs)to the right side or to the left side, the racks are moving with it as well as everthing that is placed on the racks and it can brown equaly all around. it is safer then turning the lid and makes the cleaning after cooking much easier.i hope it is a better explanation i appologize my english
sorry

Last edited by Aviva on 04.12.10 7:41; edited 2 times in total

Aviva

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 08.11.10 12:09

Thanks Aviva thank you

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  blackberry-rum on 08.11.10 17:58

junie wrote:Hi Aviva and Blackberry-rum

Aviva, I only use foil on it's own if I am trying to make the clean-up easier. If I want to keep the cooking juices then I would use a baking tray or a stiffer foil dish as you say.

Blackberry-rum, I would love to try your recipe for whole chicken because without turning I don't know how you can make sure it is thoroughly cooked. Turning the lid, to me, only serves the purpose - if necessary ( and it isn't in my HO ) - of browning the top evenly. If it works for you, then great, but I wouldn't recommend it.

ah, I was only talking about turning food ROUND not OVER. To turn a chicken over I use two enormous curved forks that I bought years ago. It still tipples and topples all over the place though. And to ensure it's cooked through I just cook it a little longer on a lower heat ... that's the way it works with any oven and I treat the Halogen like any other oven.

blackberry-rum

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 08.11.10 20:33

Thanks for that blackberry-rum, now I understand - I did wonder thank you

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  mo on 11.12.10 16:50

Brilliant idea to turn the lid a bit instead of the rack, that's going to save me burning myself again!

mo

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum