Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Cook in bags

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cook in bags

Post  jose342 on 04.11.10 21:18

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I have just bought a JML Halogen oven, and have yet to do more than roast a chicken. I put the chicken in the bottom of the oven with veggies on 185deg but I didn't realise you had to turn it if you didn't use a rack and after 1.3/4 hours the wings and legs were still not cooked. I will learn. Has anyone used the cook-in bags in the Halogen. I use them in the micro and conventional oven with great results, so wondered if they can be used in a Halogen oven. Thanks Jose342

jose342

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Cook in bags

Post  junie on 04.11.10 23:56

Hi jose342 and welcome to the forum

welcome

When you get time have a read through previous posts and recipes - thay'll help you to get things right.
Sorry about your chicken - have a look at my chicken with lemon and herbs recipe in the A-Z - even if you don't want the flavours it does have a step by step guide.
You can use roasting bags in your HO as long as they don't touch the lid but roasting in your HO does a great job without them. You obviously now realise that the racks are useful in allowing the heat to circulate - don't worry, we have all learned from our mistakes.
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 05.11.10 18:37

Hello and Welcome to the forum jose342

This was a learning experience for you. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Reading some of the previous posts will help you to learn a bit more about the "DOs & DON'Ts" for new HO users

and if you do have any questions just ask in the questions and answers section

coucoufleurbleue
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  jose342 on 05.11.10 21:37

Thank you June and Reeta. Made parmesan chicken tonight, beautiful. I will post the recipe in the appropriate section.

jose342

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum