Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Circular Disc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Circular Disc

Post  Mr Illusive on 27.10.10 20:21

Hi I got a new replacement oven after my previous one died a few weeks ago during its 9 or 10 month life.

This one has a few new accessories, some of which im not sure about. The one that mainly has me baffled is a circular very thin metallic disc with some small holed (4 in total) spread out around the edges of the disc. My guess is that this is some kind of reflector for the underneath cooking of food much like a reflector used in a microwave but for heat and not radiation.

There isn't any mention of it in the instructions.

Also my last one seemed to experience problems cooking the underneath of food items. I had to use the extender ring to lift everything so that it cooked for longer without burning the top. It was far from perfect when cooking the underneath of things. Do others find this is a problem too?

Mr Illusive

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Circular Disc

Post  karen on 28.10.10 13:00

i have just bought a flavorwave and this has a round reflective tin which goes under the bowl

karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Illusive on 28.10.10 18:06

Yeah mine is also a flavour wave too, but the cheaper model of the two which appear in the manual. I did think for a second it could be something to put the bowl on to prevent burning but there's already a plastic base for the bowl to rest on like all HO's. I'm guessing it goes in the bottom and the holes are probably to get it out using the tongues. Unless its some random surface used to cook on.

My previous oven provided a metalic round tray which was obviously used for cooking directly on. I had another one for steaming with too. Luckily the sizes match up so I can still use these.

Mr Illusive

Back to top Go down

Post  karen on 28.10.10 18:22

this round tin sits on the plastic base then the bowl goes on top the holes in the tin should fit onto the little rubber molds on the base

karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum