Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Maz177 cooking experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maz177 cooking experiences

Post  maz177 on 10.10.10 12:54

My oven chips were a disaster but first time I used the HO. I cooked them on the bottom on a special low fat baking sheet, with chops on the top rack and a chicken piece in foil with some lime. Chicken piece and chops were perfect, but chips did not cook. Ended up increasing the temperature to 225 I think and cooking for 30 mins. They looked brown and lovely but when I took them out they just fell apart like mash! and I didnt think they were very hot either! I am going to try again on a tray on the top rack and turning. Chicken in foil for 20 mins with a teasp of lime was perfect, though more steamed really. Perhaps should have opened foil and put on top rack for last 5 mins? Husband said chops were tender, so that was a relief. First attempt anyway, so will keep trying...

maz177

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Maz177 cooking experiences

Post  junie on 10.10.10 14:51

Hi Maz177

I would try the chips on the top rack nearer to the heat source, and if doing several things on different racks, I would swap them round for even cooking.
A little trial, and hopefully not too much error, and you'll get there. Very Happy
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum