Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

casarole in Halagen oven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

casarole in Halagen oven

Post  Bizzy Bee on 19.11.09 9:24

Hi has anyone cooked a casarole, if so is it done in the large glass bowl or in another bowl set inside it ? Please

Bizzy Bee

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: casarole in Halagen oven

Post  Admin on 21.11.09 22:31

I cooked something like that once.

Mine started as a casserole, which resembled a stew half way through and tasted like a bouillon in the end because I added too much water when it was looking a bit dry :confused:

Anyway to answer your question Bizzy Bee, I cooked it in a smaller bowl which I placed inside the halogen glass bowl.

I suppose if you are cooking for a lot of people, a large quantity then you can do it directly in the big halogen glass bowl

x x

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  npower1 on 13.12.09 17:39

Hi,
I have just got a halogen oven, the JML one. I have enjoyed the pork casseroles that I have done in my fan assisted conventional oven. I'd like to try the same recipe in the HO but there are three questions I have.

(1) In my CO I set the temperature to 160C. Should I use the same temperature setting in my HO?

(2) My CO time was one hour and three quarters. Does this need reducing?

(3) My casserole dish will be on the lower rack. There is not much room between the handles of the dish and the glass bowl. What is the safest way to get the casserole dish out of the bowl?

(For those interested my recipe consists of diced pork with a sprinkling of garlic and mixed herbs for pork, both from supermarket jars. In addition mushrooms, carrots, new potatoes. The sauce, come gravy, is gravy made from gray granules with soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice added to taste. Still experimenting to get the 'to taste' correct.)

Any help gratefully received.

npower1

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 13.12.09 23:09

npower1 wrote:
(1) In my CO I set the temperature to 160C. Should I use the same temperature setting in my HO?

(2) My CO time was one hour and three quarters. Does this need reducing?

(3) My casserole dish will be on the lower rack. There is not much room between the handles of the dish and the glass bowl. What is the safest way to get the casserole dish out of the bowl?

Hi npower1,
(1) I would set the temperature at 200C - 400F

(2) How long to cook it for depends on the amount you are cooking. If the casserole has 1 to 2 lbs of meat, the cooking time is about 1hr 15 mins minimum (until meat is cooked)

(3) the safest thing to do would be to use a smaller dish. one that leaves enough room for your hands, at least for your fingers and oven mitts

feedme

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 23:49

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum