Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hello from Spain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Spain

Post  yvonne60 on 06.10.09 0:41

Hi
My name is Yvonne and I live in Spain. Because the delivery costs were prohibitive from the UK I bought a spanish version of the halogen oven made by Sylvan with the added disadvantage of the recipes it does contain (10) being in spanish. They are also geared towards spanish taste so I don't think I will be trying Red Snails.
Any tips or recipes will be most welcome as at the moment it is all very experimental and I waste a lot of time just looking through the glass watching food cook, taking it out and testing and putting it back in again.

yvonne60

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Hola Yvonne

Post  Admin on 24.10.09 23:45

Welcome to the forum

red snail ? What a Face

watching food cook, taking it out and testing and putting it back in again.

You know Yvonne I have done that so many times. I remember doing this with my first microvawe as well

:x

Reeta

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

thanks for the welcome

Post  yvonne60 on 24.10.09 23:50

So do you have any tips or recipes? I am particularly interested in making bread and cakes and don't really want to ruin the ingredients.

yvonne60

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Spain

Post  Linda53 on 18.12.09 21:26

Hi Yvonne, welcome to the site. I'm also new to Halogen oven cooking. I make my own bread in my normal oven just on a baking tray (not in a tin) and I did try it in the halogen oven using a silicone flan tray. It rose beautifully but the bottom was soggy so I turned it upside down to try and finish it off - it didn't look as good as normal but tasted okay. I've found the same with cooking frozen pizzas so those I now pop into a hot non stick frypan for a few minutes just to finish the bottom off. I haven't tried cakes yet though.

If anyone has successfully made bread I'd love to know how please.

Linda53

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda53 on 25.09.12 0:45

Hi Yvonne

I live in France and bought mine from a well known auctions site in Holland but the recipe book was in Swedish would you believe so next to useless really. I have now tried fruit cakes but was only successful when I cooked them in a ring tin as advised by someone on here.

Linda53

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:43

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum