Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Adventures in using my Halogen Oven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adventures in using my Halogen Oven

Post  TickleBumbly on 13.09.10 15:18

I'm using this thread to tell the ups and downs, triumphs ( here's hoping ) and disasters (fingers crossed not too many)of using my halogen oven.

Now the one I bought is a 7 litre Synergy and simply because it was less than thirty pounds, and after the number of electrical cooking products gracing the shed, icecream maker, slow cooker, rice maker to name just three, I couldn't justify spending more on what was a whim.

Cheese on Toast was my first attempt in using the oven, thought I'd keep it simple. Obviously not that simple, it was a disaster. burnt on the top and soggy bread underneath.

:confused:
Next post: What happened when I used the oven to reheat a homemade cottage pie I had in the freezer.

Nicki

TickleBumbly

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures in using my Halogen Oven

Post  junie on 13.09.10 19:04

Hi Nicki

Good luck with the cottage pie - I have done this and protected the top with foil for half the time to let the bottom heat through without burning the potato topping.

We all learn from our mistakes and you have no doubt learned that your sandwich needed to be turned over halfway through as the heat source is on the top of the oven.

I'm sure you'll be sharing your triumphs soonest.

Good Luck

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleBumbly on 14.09.10 8:38

Compared to the cheese on toast, which was literally cheese on toast and not a toasted sandwich so can't see how I could turn it over half way through, the cottage pie was a success! It was a little overdone on the top but still edible. So I'm counting this as a triumph! I like the idea of covering the top with foil, and will certainly do this next time.

My next adventure (until the cook book arrives) is going to be pork chops.

Nicki x

TickleBumbly

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 14.09.10 11:06

Sorry Nicki

I didn't read your message properly. I\'m stupid

For cheese on toast I have had good results by toasting both sides of the bread lightly before putting the cheese on. I'm glad your cottage pie was a success for you.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleBumbly on 16.09.10 9:42

I chicken out of cooking the pork chops with the oven Crying or Very sad and decided to have a go at baking a cake I\'m stupid
It was a disaster, the top browned very quickly but when I got it out it was just a thin crust underneath it was still pure cake mixture.

Then the cook book arrived and it suggested the first thing to do is toast a slice of bread. Well I did this and learn't two things . My oven only cooks from the top and doesn't cook evenly.

So not having a wash or defrost function on my oven I decided to see how strong the fan was and oh brother what a let down, my daughters 2 ping pong balls sedately moved around at a speed of a snail, in the centre almost as though they were hand in hand.

Onto the next problem the timer is faulty it cuts out with 5 minutes to go everytime.

Something was telling me that either I've bought a faulty oven or that it's just not the oven for me (not hallogen ovens on a whole but this particulay model)

So I'm taking it back to the shop in the hope of getting a refund, wish me luck. I'm then going to use that money to go towards a better quality oven.

Nicki

TickleBumbly

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.09.10 16:27

Hi Nicki

You're not stupid and I'm sorry your oven has given you so much grief. The fan certainly doesn't seem effective as my wash cycle fairly swirls the water around the bowl( and it's only a 7litre model too).
Good luck with the refund Good Luck

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  TickleBumbly on 16.09.10 16:50

The shop agreed that my oven was faulty so now I'm looking round for another 7 litre model, because that's the perfect size for our small family.

Nicki

ps Normal service on this thread will be resumed once I've purchased my next oven. Laughing

TickleBumbly

Back to top Go down

Post  TerryJ on 16.09.10 17:21

Lol..........waiting with bated breath Nicki......(you could write a book about your trials and tribulations)

I went to order mine (JML) from Argos yesterday and found it's gone up in price by £10 to £59.99 Crying or Very sad

Will wait until it comes back down again......

TerryJ

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

RE: Adventures with Halogen Oven

Post  Suzyque54 on 19.01.11 15:29

I can't wait for next instalment either. Laughed at the ping pong balls, I'd never have thought of that! Keep perservering. Sue

Suzyque54

THANK YOU : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum