Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Roast Pork Joint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roast Pork Joint

Post  billy-baggins on 22.08.10 18:19

Hello everyone.I have had my JML halogen oven a couple of months now, and have experimented with cooking a roast pork dinner a number of times. Until today, the pork joints I have cooked have never been as tender as when cooked in a traditional oven. They are always a little tougher. I have tried various temperatures, and length of times. BUT, today I tried a different way, and the joint is really tender and cooked to perfection. I placed the pork joint (approx 1kilo) on some tin foil, sprayed a little oil onto it, added pepper, herbs, and sealed the foil around the joint. Placed on the low rack, cooked for 1hr on 175 –180. Then I opened the foil, spooned out some of the juices that had gathered, turned the joint over, and re-sealed the foil. Cooked for another hour and 10mins on the same temperature. Removed the joint from the H.O and left it on side to keep warm while aunt Bessie roasties (I know, cheating) and whole baby leeks cooked on a baking tray, 200, for about 35 – 40 mins. The pork joint was really tender, perfect! I have found that when I place the joint straight onto the low rack, and let all the juices drip out, it was never as tender.

Back to top Go down

Re: Roast Pork Joint

Post  Admin on 22.08.10 19:33

Thank you for sharing your recipe with us billy-baggins. I bet you are very pleased with your success.

I am going to add this in the A to Z section to make it easier for others to find.

About the cheating bit - we don't mind, we all do it.
We are allowed one cheat a day Laughing

welcome to to the forum billy-baggins

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum