Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Keeping plates warm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keeping plates warm

Post  Frederick on 15.08.10 16:20

Hi all.... I have just purchased a JML Halogen oven and my first attemps wqere a success ... Roast beef and one roast potato... this was a try out but a success Smile Smile Smile Now for the question...how to keep the plates hot ( I hate cold dinner plates. Does one use the big oven if so atwhat temp.

Your help will be much appreciated.... Take care... Frederick

Frederick

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Keeping plates warm

Post  Admin on 16.08.10 16:14

Frederick wrote:Roast beef and one roast potato... this was a try out but a success
well done Frederick clap

Now about warming the plates -

If you haven't used your "big oven" to cook the food then it's not economical to turn it on just to warm the plates

Has anyone used their Halogen Oven to warm their plates? If so - for how long and at what temperature?

free-happy-smileys-9

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.08.10 22:01

Hi Frederick

I hate cold plates too. Very Happy

A little water between the plates and some on top of the top one and full blast in the microwave for 2 mins works if your plates are microwave safe. Let them rest for a minute and take great care removing, draining and drying them - the water is HOT.

It may not be economical, but if my HO is in use for the cooking then I do, at times, use my 'big' oven for 10 - 15 mins on 100C. Some of my plates aren't microwave safe.

I use my HO to warm plates if I'm not cooking in it - I use it between my defrost/cleaning setting and 125C which gives me approx 100 - 110C for the same 10-15 mins.

I hope this is helpful.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Frederick on 17.08.10 8:54

Hi Ladies....many thanks... it does look as if it will have to be the big oven but that idea of using the microwave does look very tempting.
Regards y first roast beef and one spud... well being very honest the beef was overcooked but not ruined but the spud was superb. When I used the old oven for cooking ,apart from pork which does require high temp. I always cooked the meat at 80deg. and used a meat thermometer to guage the time and when the internal temp. of the meat reached 72deg it was cooked. When I used the HO the final temp was 79deg..... next time I will check earlier.
I would deffinately recomend a meat thermometer. Take care ladies...... Frederick

Frederick

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  rtbcomp on 24.09.10 16:22

I use the microwave method too, especially if I'm having baked beans, peas &c or soup with the meal, they can be cooked at the same time as the plates warm.

rtbcomp

THANK YOU : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  mo on 11.12.10 16:28

I find a quick burst in the microwave takes the chill off, I don't want them too hot to handle. I must admit I put them in without any water and do about 30 secs or so on High, no accidents as yet!

mo

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum