Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  woodie45 on 15.06.10 17:24

Hi everybody ,I have just bought my ho, looking forward to some advice on using it.Can`t seem to get good results with steaks ,too dry. woodie

woodie45

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: new member

Post  junie on 15.06.10 20:37

Hi Woodie and welcome

welcome

You have come to the right place for help and advice.

From your post, it's not clear how you are trying to cook your steak or even what cut of steak. From a general point of view, a dry steak is an overcooked steak - cut back time/temperature. One of the biggest problems members have with their ovens is getting the temperature and the time correct - another is what rack to use. We are learning together and there's a lot of trial and error involved. (As one member put it, the instructions with the machines are as useful as a chocolate teapot.) Very Happy

When you get a chance have a good read of other posts on the forum - there's a wealth of good information. If you can't find what you need, please ask specific questions in the Question and Answer section and someone will try to help you.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  woodie45 on 16.06.10 12:07

Hi June ,The steak was a rump ,about 1/2 inch thick.I tried it on the top rack for about 8 min.at 200. woodie

woodie45

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.06.10 16:06

Hi Woodie

Here is the advice our Chef Eric provided to another member.

I cooked fillet/entrecote steak only the other day.
What I did was just brush the steak on both sides with a little oil.
I placed it on the top rack and cooked it on one side for approximately for 5 minutes then turned them for a further five minutes on 175c.
They came out perfect for a slightly cooked steak. This is how my wife likes them. I prefer mine medium to well done.

Obviously, if you wanted your steak done a bit more, you would increase the time taken to cook it each side. It is a case of trying different temperatures and times and making a note of what you have done each time so that you can refer back to it.

He is using fillet steak here which is a more tender cut and in my own experience rump isn't the easiest to grill. If I were to grill it I would marinate it well first or flatten it a bit with a rolling pin and coat well in oil. Cook for less time and turn it half way too.

I hope this is helpful.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  woodie45 on 17.06.10 19:36

Thanks I will try that. Woodie45

woodie45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:57