Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

chicken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chicken

Post  clwood on 14.06.10 16:09

Hi Can anyone help my chicken comes out ok cooked through, but i am finding it tough and hard to get off the bone i am cooking on the low rack at 200c for one hour what am i doing wrong,also the skin is always burned
Regards Chris

clwood

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken

Post  junie on 14.06.10 17:40

Hi Chris,

Try turning the heat down to 180C and giving the chicken a little longer. I need the 200C setting on my 7 litre model and 1 hour 20 mins but it's not as powerful. I always use the extender ring too. Are you cooking breast side down for half the time then turning?
I loosly wrap foil on top and only take it off for the last 20 minutes and the chicken has been lovely - golden and falling off the bone.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited by junie on 28.06.10 11:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention the extender ring.)

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  wimplebum on 27.06.10 15:00

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you tried Junie's suggestion. Like Junie, I too have a 7 litre oven. when I do the chicken I have to make sure its not too high - often, because I live on my own, I cut the chicken in half, but have cooked a whole chicken. I usually cook it at the same length of time as I would in the normal oven. The only thing I have to watch for is that its not too high - if it is, I press the breast in a bit to make it a little lower. I found in my oven if I put foil on the chicken I have to use cocktail sticks to hold it down otherwise the fan sucks it up into the heating system.

Always cook it at about 190C for about 30 minutes breast down, then turn it over and cook it for the remainder of the time. Usually I have a problem getting it out of the oven because its so well done it literally falls off the bone Laughing

The last one I cooked about 4 weeks ago I took hold of the leg (ankle end) and the bone came out!!! I had to get the chicken out in sections which really made me laugh. Was really well cooked, still moist too. Seriously yummy that one. I brushed it with lemon juice before I cooked it and the flavour was wonderful.

Wishing you success

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  clwood on 28.06.10 15:10

hi i tried the method that you suggested and the chicken had to go back into a normal oven as it was all bloody in the middle i cooked it on the low rack for 30 min breast side down then turned it over put foil on it and cooked it for 1 hour all at 190c but it did not work,still i'll keep on trying and see how i get on. I did a silly thing the other day i pre warmed the oven up but forgot to take out the tongs and as they are plastic they melted so i had to go on ebay and get some more.
Christopher

clwood

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 28.06.10 16:08

Hi Christopher

Cooking time will depend on the size and weight of your chicken - generally 20mins per lb/450g and 20 mins over in a conventional oven. Probably a little quicker in the HO (not much quicker in mine).

Test by inserting a skewer in the thickest part of the thigh. If the juices run clear then your chicken is done. Alternatively use a meat thermometer to remove the guesswork.

When you get it right keep a note of what you did to help with future cooking.

I'm glad you managed to get replacement tongs. Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  kooky on 08.07.10 23:26

is it possible use roasting bags in the Oven?

kooky

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Roasting Bags

Post  wimplebum on 08.07.10 23:59

Hi Kooky,

You should be OK with roasting bags in the oven as you can use anything in the HO that you would use in the normal oven. If it is to brown the cooking, it does tend to brown well anyway, and if it is to catch the fat then if you line the bottom of the HO with kitchen foil you will catch the fat in that - and it makes cleaning easier too.

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  kooky on 09.07.10 18:18

thank you I shall try roasting bag as find them useful will let you know how it works if I can find my way back to here

kooky

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:32

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum