Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Sorry but yet another question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sorry but yet another question

Post  Francesca on 06.05.10 12:12

I know that I can use a stainless steel bowl in my Halogen Oven, but can I use it directly in the glass oven itself and not on the rack?

I am not sure about cooking directly in the glass oven itself, as mine does not have an automatic cleaning program, which is why I would prefer to cook in bowls and not directly in the oven itself.

But is it safe to cook in a stainless steel bowl which will sit inside the glass bowl and not on the rack?

Sorry to be such a nuisance but I honestly don't know these things, and don't really want to cook inside the glass bowl itself, as I am not sure how easy it will be to clean.

Francesca

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Sorry but yet another question

Post  junie on 06.05.10 13:10

Hi Francesca

Anything you can place in you conventional oven is fine on or off the racks. Just be aware that the heat can't circulate under a bowl placed directly in the bottom so a longer cooking time (or turning over) may be required. (I would be very wary of placing a hot glass bowl directly onto a cold glass oven and vice versa - but if both start off at the same temperature it should be fine)

Cleaning up can be simplified by lining the bottom of the bowl with tin foil. Once the bowl has cooled it is quite easy to clean with warm soapy water - dry thoroughly before replacing the lid.

Don't apologise for posting questions - that's what this forum is for - we and our active members are always happy to help when we can. Very Happy

feedme

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 06.05.10 15:06

Dear Francesca
please don’t feel awkward about asking a question. If you don’t ask, you will never find out . . . :confused:

In case you have another question and you are too shy too ask, this is what you can do: read through the posts in the Questions and Answers section. You will find most of the answers there. Probably someone else has already asked this question.
But if it’s not there, be brave and ask Question

Last edited by Reeta on 05.10.10 7:03; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesca on 07.05.10 8:18

Problem solved - I am an idiot for not thinking about it before

The main reason that I wanted to use a separate glass or stainless steel bowl [couldn't find a glass one the right size] was because they are lighter weight and easier to wash than the glass bowl of the Halogen oven itself.

But looking at the oven, the bowl and the lid, I realised that I have an extension ring so that I can put the s/s bowl on the rack, thereby allowing heat to circulate under it.

Also I received yesterday afternoon three Halogen Oven cookbooks from Amazon, which will give me more confidence in using the oven.

It wasn't so much that I needed recipe books, but the timings that I needed, but I am really pleased that so many things can be cooked in the oven. Things I hadn't cooked for years due to power cost and difficulties in getting things in and out of a "proper" oven, even though I didn't have a "proper" oven any more, just a large "toaster" oven.

It just seemed stupid to use the oven that I had for just small things.

I am so very grateful for the help I get here, and hope that I don't have to keep driving you mad with my stupid questions!

thank you

Francesca

Francesca

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 07.05.10 9:32

Francesca wrote: I am so very grateful for the help I get here, and hope that I don't have to keep driving you mad with my stupid questions!

Happy to help and don't worry about the questions - it's never stupid to ask.

cheers

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesca on 07.05.10 9:48

junie wrote:it's never stupid to ask.
What is stupid is not having the courage to ask when help is needed.

And it isn't always possible to go through the Q&A section for self specific questions.

I will learn how to use this oven, I am sure I will.

Once again, thank you for all your help, and for putting up with my almost non-stop questions!

Have a good weekend - I have three Halogen Oven cookbooks to read through!

Francesca

Francesca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum