Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Is this normal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this normal?

Post  Francesca on 04.05.10 8:02

I haven't as yet used my Halogen Oven much more than cooking oven French fries - mainly because I am rather scared of it.

Two questions if I may.

Is it normal that the light comes on, goes off, comes on again etc during cooking?

Also there was an article in the Sunday Mail and people kept on about the light bulb packing up after just a few months, the oven only working for a few months, replacement ovens also packing up.

I think I am now scared to use my new Halogen oven because if this one was the same, and packed up after a short while, it would cost me more to return it than it did in the first place.

I am now wondering if I made a mistake buying a Halogen Oven in the first place.

Francesca

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this normal?

Post  Admin on 04.05.10 9:40

Hi Francesca,

yes it is normal.
During cooking time, when the oven reaches the preset temperature, it will shut off then it will start again automatically

As for the second question, well I can't really answer that.
We need to conduct a survey to get the fact about the life of the Halogen Oven light bulb.

It would be good to hear what other members have to say about this issue Idea

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 04.05.10 9:49

Hi Francesca

Most ovens are proving to be pretty reliable. Check out the reviews from users using the link to the Halogen Oven Shop on this site.

Anyone on this site who has had a problem with their oven (and there are only very few), have found customer service excellent from the sellers. Replacements have been provided with no quibble. Whatever the make, you will be covered by a 12 month guarantee.

As for the light, it is also the heat-source, so it is perfectly normal for it to go on and off during cooking. It is maintaining the temperature in your oven just as the thermostat in your conventional oven or central heating does.

Don't be scared of your oven. When you have time read some of the posts from other users on this forum who are all enjoying this new and economical way of cooking. Just treat it as a mini oven. I use mine almost every day now and it even goes away in our touring caravan with us - it has become so indispensible.

If you have any specific questions about cooking anything, just ask and someone will try to help you.

flower

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesca on 04.05.10 9:53

These are some of the comments about problems with Halogen Ovens that were posted on the Mail online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/coffeebreak/chat/r/t-9908904/index.html?threadIndex=1

so now I am worried that I've bought yet another thing that will pack up on me after just a few times of using.

The guarantee is actually meaningless to me as it would cost me far more to return the oven if it packed up than it cost me in the first place.

Francesca

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 04.05.10 11:16

Hi Francesca

Many people here are using their ovens regularly without problems.

I have read the Mail posts and also user reviews on the various ovens and, in my opinion, the positives outway the negatives by some distance. (Most manufacturers receive 4-5 stars for their product - one of the users who did have a problem didn't even have to send their faulty oven back, and promptly received a replacement.)

As with everything in life, a few bad ones can give the whole bunch a bad name. No-one can guarantee that your oven won't break down, on the other hand, it may give a long time of excellent service.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 04.05.10 11:46

Francesca wrote:
The guarantee is actually meaningless to me as it would cost me far more to return the oven if it packed up than it cost me in the first place.

Francesca I do understand about the financial side of it all and the final decision will have to be yours.

What is your inner voice telling you to do?
You go with that advice.

x x

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesca on 04.05.10 11:59

My inner voice is telling me that if I only use my Halogen Oven for the very few things I can't cook in my microwave or other small electrical appliances [I don't have a proper cooker] then it will be worth it.

My inner voice is also telling me that I definitely should have bought two for the price that this one cost.

If it packs up it packs up and I will chalk it up to experience, but I hope it doesn't.

I think that I should not have read that article in the Mail Online

Francesca

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 04.05.10 13:49

Francesca wrote:I think that I should not have read that article in the Mail Online

I think so too Francesca

Anyway let me send some blessings to your HO Laughing

"May it has a long and successful life and provide a lot of delicious meals"

happy-dancing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesca on 04.05.10 14:48

for all your helpful advice. I do not live in the UK and the Halogen Oven was bought from a little catalogue I get each month with my credit card statement.

They sometimes have incredibly cheap offers, like this oven, and mostly they are good, so hopefully the Mail Online comments were just from people who had bad luck.

If I see this offer again at the same price I will buy another one "just in case" as it would be, as I said, more expensive to return it if it is faulty than it cost in the first place, however the oven is not something I want to use all the time - mainly for the things my microwave oven doesn't do.

As for a proper oven/cooker - I don't have one, just a 36 litre "toaster" oven, but I only use that when roasting/cooking something large. That is the reason I wanted the small Halogen Oven - and it certainly does do brilliant oven chips and jacket potatoes!

Francesca

Back to top Go down

Post  bluddyelle on 04.05.10 15:35

Hi F

I have a PROlectrix 7L oven and as stated already - the light goes on and off as it comes up to temperature. This is only of concern insomuch as it interrupts your viewing of what's going on in the bowl Very Happy

As to bulb life - I've seen a lot of things posted but I believe they are longer lasting than regular ones! I'm sure an expert will be along shortly ....

B

bluddyelle

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum