Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What's the best way to cook bacon? By Rayboy

Go down

What's the best way to cook bacon? By Rayboy

Post  junie on 03.05.10 10:34

hello all i've just joined you all & have just bought a new oven (halogen obviously)does anybody know the best way to cook bacon to make a lovely butty please

Posted by Rayboy on 2/5/10 at 20.16
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the best way to cook bacon? By Rayboy

Post  junie on 03.05.10 14:19

Hello and welcome Rayboy

welcome

Other users have mentioned cooking bacon at 200C for about 10 minutes. You can place the bacon directly on the rack or on a baking tray. If placing on the rack then you can line the bottom of the oven with tin foil for easy clean-up. If you are cooking baon on it's own then the top rack is probably best and may take less time. Time will depend on size/thickness etc but at least you can see it cooking (and drool for your butty ).

lol!
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  rayboy on 03.05.10 20:18

thankyou junie for the advice on bacon,i'd now like to know if anybody has had any success with cooking the great british banger if so what temperature & for how long (you can see i'm no galloping gourmet,cheers. : Basketball

rayboy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 03.05.10 20:29

Hi

I would use a temperature of 200C and cook for approx 15 minutes on the top rack - depends again on the size of the bangers.
Cut into one to test before serving if you're not sure. Other members suggest keeping a diary or note of what worked so that you can easily refer to it the next time.
The HO is a new way of cooking for all of us and it's nice that we are learning together.
You'll soon be cooking with confidence, I'm sure.

feedme
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  sando on 10.05.10 17:01

I cooked some hash browns on a tray on the bottom rack for 15 mins then put bacon and sausage on the top for 10mins it turned out fine all done on 200C feedme

sando

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  rayboy on 11.05.10 15:30

thankyou,junie&sando for the sausage solution,i cooked a roast beef dinner on sunday in the HO & it turned out great it was just hit & miss with the timings etc.but i guess it's the only way to learn once again thankyou,love rayboy

rayboy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  lindysunshine on 08.07.10 23:43

Hi Ray, I did some bacon last week in my new HO. I put bacon onto tray using the high rack, 200c, for five minutes then turned it over, for another five. It tasted great, full of flavor. This week I added field mushrooms and half tomatoes, sprayed with oil first...Lindy

lindysunshine

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum