Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Another newcomer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another newcomer

Post  Magwitch on 06.12.15 21:37

I've only just got a halogen oven and am very excited about learning to use it properly. Friends recommended I should try one after the oven of my old cooker packed in - again! (I still have grill and the hobs, plus a microwave).

I'm not a massively adventurous cook, but I like good food, mostly cooked from scratch.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Magwitch

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Another newcomer

Post  LesleySM on 07.12.15 23:56

Magwitch wrote:I've only just got a halogen oven and am very excited about learning to use it properly.   Friends recommended I should try one after the oven of my old cooker packed in - again!  (I still have grill and the hobs, plus a microwave).  

I'm not a massively adventurous cook, but I like good food, mostly cooked from scratch.  

I've not used my oven since I got my HO

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Magwitch on 08.12.15 8:14

LesleySM wrote:
Magwitch wrote:I've only just got a halogen oven and am very excited about learning to use it properly.   Friends recommended I should try one after the oven of my old cooker packed in - again!  (I still have grill and the hobs, plus a microwave).  

I've not used my oven since I got my HO

That's really encouraging, thanks! I've promised myself that today I'll make a start!

Magwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 08.12.15 22:29

I'm also not greatly adventurous cooking wise but I've done things I wouldn't have dome without my HO for example the Xmas before last we had pasta

Last Xmas we had hunters chicken (Ready prepared but I have done hunters chicken from scratch) with goosefat roast potatoes with Brussel sprouts and bacon (they did in the microwave)

Then on Boxing Day my local Co-Op had a HUGE turkey breast joint, ready stuffed and wrapped in bacon- last one left £2.49 down from £9.99 and since I had a £2.50 off my shopping voucher it was effectively -1p to me.

Dinner that night was turkey, sprouts, carrots and more goosefat roasties

The next day we had some cold with chips and pickles

The next day we had some in sandwiches

And the leftovers made for two very happy cats

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Magwitch on 10.12.15 20:00

I'm making a small start - began with bread, which I usually feel pretty confident with. Think I lost my nerve a bit when it began browning too quickly, but in fairness it wasn't bad, seven out of ten say. Then I did some fish - that was lovely.

Just working my way slowly... and trying hard not to panic.

Magwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Magwitch on 11.12.15 21:56

Tried again tonight. Bacon on the top rack, hash browns (from frozen) on the bottom rack. Bacon was okay... hash browns just never cooked. I put them in for 20 minutes ahead of the bacon, too... had the temperature at 220.

Had a good cry about it too.

Magwitch

Back to top Go down

little by little

Post  Magwitch on 13.12.15 17:57

Okay. I stopped crying. I read through everything I could find on this forum and made some notes.

I took a deep breath and... tried again today. Nothing too dramatic. First I did sage and onion stuffing. And when that was cooked I did a LOT of sausages. I dropped the temperature only slightly from what I would use in a my old fan oven, and dropped the timing by about 5 minutes.

Both worked perfectly. Better than that, people commented on how nice the sausages were.
I've started feeling a bit more optimistic again...

Magwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum