Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Frozen Oriental Party Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  spaingold on 26.10.15 17:48

I have an Andrew James Digital Halogen 12 Litre Oven and need to cook Oriental Frozen Party Food, Spring Rolls, Tempura King Prawns etc. Grateful for any advice, I have to do several batches for my elderly Mums party and she does not have an oven. Many thanks. Very Happy

spaingold

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Frozen Oriental Party Food

Post  lin.b on 27.10.15 11:46

not the sort of thing i usualy cook, but i think i`d go with high rack, pan lined with foil and use manufacturers instructions as a guideline for temp, time etc

lin.b

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 28.10.15 23:20

I've done this a few times like last new year's eve when we had friends round and I had to do snacks and the Co-Op just had such a generous offer on frozen snacks including the oriental ones

I did them on the air fryer ring covered in foil with the extender on top (I also have a 12L Andrew James) just laid them on top of the foil, making sure they were not piled up and added a tiny bit of oil then did them as per the cooking instructions for a fan assisted oven turning them 5 minutes before the end

Hassle was they were so popular I saw the New Year in from the kitchen whilst doing another barch

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  spaingold on 29.10.15 9:19

Many thanks LesleySM. I did a test run using the high rack and the baking tray covered in foil, no oil, using the instructions and temp on the packet. They came out ok but not brilliant. I will definately take your advice and have another go. Smile

spaingold

Back to top Go down

Post  spaingold on 29.10.15 10:04

LesleySM What rack did you use. I guess you used the normal low rack and not the high rack as you used the extender ring. Many thanks Smile

spaingold

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 31.10.15 21:07

I used the air fryer ring with the extender on top of that- I find that gives a lot of space for things but keeps them away from being too near the bulb

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Frozen Party Food

Post  spaingold on 03.11.15 14:23

Hi, Will be doing this 6th November so will post how I get on

Many Thanks for your help Smile

spaingold

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 29.11.15 21:46

First sign of the festive season for me is the Co-Op doing 3 packs of oriental snacks for a fiver just today stashed 6 packs in the freezer various mini spring rolls, duck rolls, torpedo prawns, sesame prawn toasts etc....

As Dave is Scottish and with no kids or immediate family nearby Xmas doesn't mean much to us apart from for me some extra days off work- we do cards and at some point me and my brother will exchange presents eventually ( we once did it at a funeral in May)

But New Years Eve is big for us-started in 1999 when a few friends and us toyed with going to the West End to see the new millennium in and decided to have a party instead round here, Since then apart from 2007 when Dave was in hospital we've had one and I do the food.

Alas this year I can't get the 31st off. So I'm baking quiches for a few days before- the rest being easy French sticks. cheese, some cold meats, crisps and peanuts , salad etc.

Then the oriental snacks in the halo on the night

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum