Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Carol Stevens on 08.10.15 18:42

Hello everyone

Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I have had a halogen oven for a couple of years but kind of muddled through on my own. I had very cheap version from Maplins for around £22 and it was great and lasted for just over 2 years (bulb was not replaceable). This time I've gone for one with a hinged lid. It still only cost £48 so I'm really happy with it and it came with an extender ring which I'd not heard of before.

To be honest, I've been really lucky with my HO and have never really had a failure - although I've not yet tried to bake in it! I've cooked loads of meals and just used the same methods and temperatures as I used to use in my main oven - however of course, the HO cooks much more quickly and without the need to pre heat.

I came across this site and have 'sneaked' a couple of recipes that I hadn't tried before and they came out really well ... particularly the toad in the hole!

I've looking forward to sharing some fun HO times with you all

Kind regards, Carol

Carol Stevens

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New Member

Post  Admin on 09.10.15 15:50

Hi Carol,
I am glad it's all working out for you. You are definitely a Halogenius chef

Let us know how you get on with baking. There is a post with a few tips for baking in the halogen. Check it out sometime.

We are happy to see you on board Carol.

welcome-smileys

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 09.10.15 21:12

Carol Stevens wrote:still only cost £48 so I'm really happy with it and it came with an extender ring which I'd not heard of before.

I thought you couldn't use an extender ring with a hinged lid? My own set up is an air fryer ring with an extender ring on top for most things -Great combo for bacon for example, my partner now eats a lot of bacon rolls. I have to cook for him before I go out in the morning as he's disabled and can't cook properly for himself and I have a full time job. So I just pop bacon in for 10 minutes on 200 whilst getting ready for work then flip it over for 5 minutes and shove it in a roll or sausages (take 10 minutes each side)

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Carol Stevens on 10.10.15 11:22

The hinged lid on mine can be extended. There is a button at the back so you can raise it then you just push it back down when you don't need to use the extender ring. It's a real bonus as I can now cook a whole roast in it. I cook the meat first on the lower shelf until it's nearly cooked then leave it in while cooking potatoes etc on the top one. Meat keeps going without overcooking and pots are close enough to the element to crisp up nicely ( I do par boil them for 5 mins first and toss in olive oil to coat thrm).

Carol Stevens

Back to top Go down

Post  Carol Stevens on 10.10.15 11:22

Thank you Reeta I'll be trying some muffins over the weekend

Carol Stevens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:01

Sponsored content