Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

HO Cooking Virgin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HO Cooking Virgin

Post  allieblue on 19.03.15 15:40

Hi there, bought my HO over a week ago and it's still sitting there looking all shiny, any easy and quick recipe's so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x

allieblue

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: HO Cooking Virgin

Post  Reeta on 19.03.15 19:10

allieblue wrote: . . . so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x
Tell him it's the latest digital fish bowl lol!

Hi Allieblue,
we are happy to see you on board. Do check in the recipe section for some easy/basic recipes.
You need to be brave and cook something, even if it's just cheese on toast.

Happy cooking.

welcome-banner.gif
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Re: HO Cooking Virgin

Post  LesleySM on 20.03.15 20:56

allieblue wrote:Hi there, bought my HO over a week ago and it's still sitting there looking all shiny, any easy and quick recipe's so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x

My other half was sceptical. He thought it would be another "gadget" that gets used once or twice then thrown in a cupboard until the next clean out when it gets shoved in a bin bag and disposed of

My secret weapon was his fondness for Fray Bentos pies- he loves them but pre-heating the oven meant they were a tad expensive to cook. So I popped one in the HO- I swear the chef who works for Liz and Phil in charge of a court dinner for 20 World leaders never watched his cooking the way I did that pie but when it came out he loved it!

Harry the Happy HO (does anyone else name theirs) has been a permanent fixture ever since

If you want a quick easy meal here's my Hunters chicken

1. Take two chicken breasts and flatten them
2 Place in HO for about 6-7 minutes (I can't recall the temperature I use but I think it's about 170- remember you can see how things are doing)
3. Turn over and repeat for 4 minutes
4 Smear breasts with BBQ sauce (The chicken breasts not your own as that might lead to husband losing interest in dinner) then wrap 2-3 slices of unsmoked/smoked bacon around the chicken
5 Do chicken for another 5 minutes
6 Put 2-3 slices of cheese on top of each chicken breast
7 Do chicken for about another 1-2 minutes depending on cheese used (Those cheap slices only take a minute- real cheddar/Edam takes a bit longer)

Serve with boiled new potatoes and sweetcorn/peas/asparagus/whatever takes your fancy

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum