Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

HO Cooking Virgin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HO Cooking Virgin

Post  allieblue on 19.03.15 15:40

Hi there, bought my HO over a week ago and it's still sitting there looking all shiny, any easy and quick recipe's so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x

allieblue

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: HO Cooking Virgin

Post  Admin on 19.03.15 19:10

allieblue wrote: . . . so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x
Tell him it's the latest digital fish bowl lol!

Hi Allieblue,
we are happy to see you on board. Do check in the recipe section for some easy/basic recipes.
You need to be brave and cook something, even if it's just cheese on toast.

Happy cooking.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 20.03.15 20:56

allieblue wrote:Hi there, bought my HO over a week ago and it's still sitting there looking all shiny, any easy and quick recipe's so I can prove to the hubby it's not an ornament... TIA x

My other half was sceptical. He thought it would be another "gadget" that gets used once or twice then thrown in a cupboard until the next clean out when it gets shoved in a bin bag and disposed of

My secret weapon was his fondness for Fray Bentos pies- he loves them but pre-heating the oven meant they were a tad expensive to cook. So I popped one in the HO- I swear the chef who works for Liz and Phil in charge of a court dinner for 20 World leaders never watched his cooking the way I did that pie but when it came out he loved it!

Harry the Happy HO (does anyone else name theirs) has been a permanent fixture ever since

If you want a quick easy meal here's my Hunters chicken

1. Take two chicken breasts and flatten them
2 Place in HO for about 6-7 minutes (I can't recall the temperature I use but I think it's about 170- remember you can see how things are doing)
3. Turn over and repeat for 4 minutes
4 Smear breasts with BBQ sauce (The chicken breasts not your own as that might lead to husband losing interest in dinner) then wrap 2-3 slices of unsmoked/smoked bacon around the chicken
5 Do chicken for another 5 minutes
6 Put 2-3 slices of cheese on top of each chicken breast
7 Do chicken for about another 1-2 minutes depending on cheese used (Those cheap slices only take a minute- real cheddar/Edam takes a bit longer)

Serve with boiled new potatoes and sweetcorn/peas/asparagus/whatever takes your fancy

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:17

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum