Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Can you just get a lid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can you just get a lid?

Post  LesleySM on 03.03.15 21:25

The fan on my Andrew James 12l is playing up. Making some rather unpleasant noises on start up and sometimes taking a while to start up

Now I know at just over 1 year old it's still under guarantee but I don't have the original packaging and it would cost a lot to send the whole thing back not to mention the hassle and being without an HO whilst it got sorted out

Can you just buy a new lid?

LesleySM

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you just get a lid?

Post  Admin on 04.03.15 17:48

The fan is probably on the way out.
Returns are free. When this happened to mine, I sent Andrew James an email via Amazon and they sent me a prepaid label. They will post it back to you free of charge as well. It doen't matter if you don't have the original box.

I have never seen replacement HO lid for sale, only the glass bowl.
Just a suggestion: why don't you buy a second halogen oven? You can get one for under £30 on Amazon.

I have checked Robert Dyas and Aldi, they are not selling them at present.

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 04.03.15 20:56

Thanks Reeta

I really don't want the hassle of sending it back- it would mean being without the HO for a few weeks not to mention with my partner housebound right now on the first floor the courier could only pick up on a Saturday

I am now dependent on my HO without it I'd have to go back to takeaways so it would cost me more than replacing the thing! Fan is working- I think it's a loose connection as I can get it to work by putting the lid on and off a couple of times. I think I may get one and have it for when the fan packs up if I can't get a replacement lid

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  Wotawally on 07.03.15 5:41

The one available from Coopers may be the answer:

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/src/4XB28/appliances-deptcook_05_pg2/

Wotawally

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 07.03.15 17:05

Wotawally wrote:The one available from Coopers may be the answer:

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/src/4XB28/appliances-deptcook_05_pg2/

Thanks I spotted this but I've asked Coopers what the size is and they haven't got back to me

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  Wotawally on 07.03.15 17:35

Someone bought the Coopers replacement bowl as a replacement for their Andrew James one.
Their Air Fry accessory fits my Nuo and is 31.5cms diameter - as far as I can work out the diameters of these ovens is universal.

Wotawally

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 08.03.15 0:29

Wotawally wrote:
Their Air Fry accessory fits my Nuo and is 31.5cms diameter - as far as I can work out the diameters of these ovens is universal.

Nope some ovens are less than 12ltr but I managed to find an email for Coopers so I have asked them. Also tonight I noticed the fan was running but slowly and to be honest I gave the lid a short, sharp smack and it's working again. So waiting for the answer from Coopers if it fits I'll get it

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 09.03.15 21:18

The Coopers is 11.5Litre so I guess it's a new oven although since I started looking into this )(And gave it a sharp tap) the fan has started working again. Had this before- 2 years ago my hi-fi amp started to play up- spotted a replacement in the sales, brought it home and ....it's still in the box as soon as I crossed the threshold with its replacement- the old amp started working again. Once got a replacement for an alarm clock and as soon as I brought it home the old one worked just fine for another 5 years! Indeed when it finally packed up and I got the "new" one out it lasted 4 months!

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleySM on 31.03.15 19:04

Fan is now working- it takes a few seconds after switching the oven on then it starts noisily for a few more seconds before it gets up to speed- I just add 30 seconds to the cooking time and that works. Yes I know it's gonna need replaced soon but having been recently hit for a load of bills/my computer packed up/so did my vacuum cleaner I hope it'll last a little longer

LesleySM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum